Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Got all the boys together for a new group photo... >

Got all the boys together for a new group photo...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got all the boys together for a new group photo...

Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations, you shot every buck in Wisconsin!!!! Joking aside, its a great collection. Whats the story on the albino?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

What's with the; "how much did it cost stuff" ???
Old 07-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Impressive set of mounts, no matter how you look at it. Congrats on some fine harvests!!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Congrats on some nice bucks!

Were they all killed by rifle, bow, shotgun ?!?

Have you had any officially registered into the WI Books ?
around 5 or 6 with gun, most with bow. I put a few of the 1st in the WI books years ago but really don't care what they score so stopped putting them in the books years ago...
Old 07-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tim03b
What did the smallest one score in there. Minus the one with a missing horn?
Its not missing a horn... If you look close the other horn is still in velvet and is growing downward along side his face... I think there are a couple that would score 110ish, but most at least go 125. The biggest is in the 180's and nets 178 7/8
Old 07-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Centauri
Congratulations, you shot every buck in Wisconsin!!!! Joking aside, its a great collection. Whats the story on the albino?
All Wisconsin except 3... 1 from Illinois, 2 from Iowa.

A few years back they opened white deer or albinos in Wisconsin's CWD area. I targeted this one and got it with my bow in a public marsh near Sullivan Wisconsin. The year before I shot it Outdoor writer Dan Durbin asked me to take him hunting "beast style" and on the way back into the mile walk through the marsh I told him about the white doe and how I wanted to take her. He was interested in my system for big public land bucks but was fascinated by the story. I had missed the white doe on film just prior to his arrival.
Wouldn't you know the big target buck didn't show, but the white doe came out and stood right under him. He passed on it knowing how much I wanted her. He did a nice article about the hunt and the doe.
The next year I shot the white doe 20 yards from where Dan seen it. Dan did another great article about it.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VA5326
Dan,

That's a good pic brother. I have been following you for years now. I, like you, am a no-nonsense hunter. There is no try, only do or do not. It's good to see you're still putting them on the wall. Take care and be safe out there. I've gotta get back on your website. Last time I tried to get on, it was shut down.

VA5326
We probably were working on the forum... Check it out now. The deer and scouting forums are rocking!