Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is Your Favorite Buck?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Spike

Default What is Your Favorite Buck?

If its a state record or world record, doesn't matter. Mine is the Neil Morin buck from Alberta Canada. Me and Neil have spoken to each other on several occasions.
http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/roo...00-n_morin.jpg
Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

I am partial to the Jordan Buck. Not as much for the rack but more for the story of how it came to be the world record. If you have never read it go look it up. Worth the read.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Alltlk4
I am partial to the Jordan Buck. Not as much for the rack but more for the story of how it came to be the world record. If you have never read it go look it up. Worth the read.
you're right, the Jordan buck has a very great story behind it, plus i think the mass if outrageous!!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

One that comes to mind is the Mel Johnson Buck....it was from Illinois or Missouri?You know Your Famous when You shoot such a nice Big Buck that other Hunters can recall Your name and the Buck that was harvested!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
One that comes to mind is the Mel Johnson Buck....it was from Illinois or Missouri?You know Your Famous when You shoot such a nice Big Buck that other Hunters can recall Your name and the Buck that was harvested!
I sure wish that me someday, we all do...
and yes it was in illinois. hears a video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9xCSUSvSY8

Last edited by CaT_FiSh; 06-23-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is an amazing story because he did what is not suppose to be possible on such a Buck, he was on the ground and just feet away! That gives me hope when I go hunting on the ground with my bow which is how I took my first Buck 13 yards away. But one large tine on this buck would equal my little guys whole rack.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Bartender

A Dead one! :-)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The one thats hanging on my wall, and is on that picture under my user name.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Here's a picture of my favorite buck:

My dad shot this one a few years back. I'm going to guess that a lot of guys would have let this deer walk. I was going to if he came my way. My dad is in the woods for time to spend with me and for meat to put in the freezer. He shot this deer with a round ball out of his .45 Kentucky rifle that he built when I was a kid, and he did it while sitting against a log. It was foggy that morning in the bottoms and I saw the deer walking his way, then the whole bottoms lit up with the flash from his smokepole. He was as proud of this deer as the rest of us are of the the biggest ones we've shot. This is proof that the size of a rack isn't the only way to score a deer. The smile on his face says it all

rw
Old 06-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by hunt12ga
Here's a picture of my favorite buck:

My dad shot this one a few years back. I'm going to guess that a lot of guys would have let this deer walk. I was going to if he came my way. My dad is in the woods for time to spend with me and for meat to put in the freezer. He shot this deer with a round ball out of his .45 Kentucky rifle that he built when I was a kid, and he did it while sitting against a log. It was foggy that morning in the bottoms and I saw the deer walking his way, then the whole bottoms lit up with the flash from his smokepole. He was as proud of this deer as the rest of us are of the the biggest ones we've shot. This is proof that the size of a rack isn't the only way to score a deer. The smile on his face says it all

rw
i dont rly go for score. a big bucks just an extra bonus. its all about the laughs man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.