Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Shed Hunting 2011, Dead 21 Point Buck, Dead 14 point Buck, 14 Years Old >

Shed Hunting 2011, Dead 21 Point Buck, Dead 14 point Buck, 14 Years Old

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shed Hunting 2011, Dead 21 Point Buck, Dead 14 point Buck, 14 Years Old

Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Wow that is alot of dead deer! (nice sheds also!)
Its fun finding those skulls but its a shame they are shot & left to waste (unwillingly of course); MT doesn't offer a shotgun season I guess that is a good thing?! Whats the deal with shotguns= not finding deer??

-South
Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by South33
Wow that is alot of dead deer! (nice sheds also!)
Its fun finding those skulls but its a shame they are shot & left to waste (unwillingly of course); MT doesn't offer a shotgun season I guess that is a good thing?! Whats the deal with shotguns= not finding deer??

-South
Well, in total I found 32 Deer dead most likely from not being tracked during Shotgun. 6 of which were Bucks with dink/spikes, 2 Button Bucks, and 3 Bucks with 8+ points, 10 with their antlers cut of. The rest were does or they didn't have a head. The thing is with shotgun most guys don't think they killed them or are to lazy to look for them.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Spike

Default poachers

Originally Posted by snapper1982
same with ohioans. i found 13 dead racked bucks while shed hunting this year. that is not counting the ones that other people had already cut the antlers off and the does
i'll hunt and film poachers for deer
Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Spike

Default shotguns should be illegal

Originally Posted by TeenageHunter
Well, in total I found 32 Deer dead most likely from not being tracked during Shotgun. 6 of which were Bucks with dink/spikes, 2 Button Bucks, and 3 Bucks with 8+ points, 10 with their antlers cut of. The rest were does or they didn't have a head. The thing is with shotgun most guys don't think they killed them or are to lazy to look for them.
I grew up using a shotgun for deer in front of hounds in the Big Thicket of east texas. the only reason we ever found a deer was due to the hounds staying on the track.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Spike

Great Finds, keep up the good work !!