Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting conundrum...

Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting conundrum...

So, your sitting around the campfire with friends talking, of coarse about hunting... and you find out that the sherriff from a nearby town has a pretty nice hunting set up supposedly on city property. You think, WOW... nice, hunting on city property is allowed! So you send off a email to the city manager asking him where the city property is that hunting is allowed on. You get a respoce back that same day that says hunting isnt allowed on city owned property. hmmmm, know you know that there are stands there cause you've seen them.... question is though, is it REALLY city owned property? Is it as simple as asking the City Clerk who owns the land to find out? And if it is city land.... and city employees are using the land for recreational purposes but the general public can't, what do you do?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd call and ask the local news station..they will check it out, and you can get some work done. they would know ...who would know..lol
Old 04-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

I would wonder if the sheriff bends the rules for illegal hunting what else does he look te other way for.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not what You know...but who You hunt with...! Sounds un-fair to me but thats life?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just go to the property appraiser office and look it up. Then again, you will probably open a can of worms that isn't really necessary. About the only thing that would be accomplished is that the land would be closed for hunting for everybody. Let them hunt and enjoy themselves. Option number two is that raise enough of a stink that the land is closed, the sheriff's deputies get mad and you are followed and get every nitpicking ticket they can come up with for a few years. They aren't going to open the land for everybody to hunt, insurance won't allow it.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

If you find out for sure it's city land then an anonymous tip to a news station will get a solution and nothing leading back to you.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Spike

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't look into it. Whats the point of the laws if they aren't obeyed.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
Its not what You know...but who You hunt with...! Sounds un-fair to me but thats life?
horse shyt!!!
lifes azz!!
i saw a show where they followed a cop..he burned rubber outta a parking lot...so the next day, while he is at work...being a police officer....they(the news crew) peel out right in front of him...not near as bad as he did the night b4...and he pulled em over, gave em a ticket...so they show him the video, and ask why he would give them a ticket..he says..." its my job to write you a ticket, i swore to it.....i didnt get caught, thats why i didnt get a ticket and you did"
anyway, time to get caught.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol just tell them you are going to the newspaper, if they dont let you hunt there too lol
someone had a point about the insurance...they could be covered already under city policy? so they could have the right. get a job there as a pooo-leeze officer and you can hunt there too?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Spike

Definitely doesn't seem fair, because if you hunted it and got caught, you would probably get cited. I'd try to get with a local fish and wildlife officer, tell him that you understand that people are hunting that land and ask if it is open for the public. They should be able to answer the question for sure. And if hunting isn't allowed, he may put that piece of property on his list of places to check up on when the season is in.

I also think that there is a pva.gov site that will allow you to look up parcels and check ownership. Not sure if that address is right, but a google search might help you find the site. I used it a while back to find out who owned the property behind me.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.