Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

slug gun question?

Old 04-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Spike

Buy a slug barrel.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
hey guys i dont know much at all about slugs, etc. I have a 20gauge turkey barrel on my encore and i want to shoot some slugs thru it so i got some questions. The barrel has a screw in choke, and the manual says dont shoot the gun without the choke in--can i shoot a slug thru that choke too? Also ive read how accurate some of these new slugs are, are they accurate out of a regular smooth bore barrel? which ones do you recommend?
thanks
well I hunt in shot gun country & I normaly hunt deer I normally shoot a slug out of a 20 or 12 riffled barrel and it works arround a 100 a 150 but for u yah with a standerd just go to the range and find the best pattern for ure gun
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Spike

I AGREE WITH Snapper 1982
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

i appreciate yalls input. Some of you who recommended i get a rifled barrel must not have read my original post......i wanted a do it all barrel where i could shoot whatever i came upon, and from ive read you cant really shoot shot thru a rifled barrel.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
i appreciate yalls input. Some of you who recommended i get a rifled barrel must not have read my original post......i wanted a do it all barrel where i could shoot whatever i came upon, and from ive read you cant really shoot shot thru a rifled barrel.
Ive shot buckshot through a rifled barrel , didnt hurt the barrel but the pattern was pretty poor. IMO a 26-28"MOD is a do it all shotgun. personally I think rifled barrles and sabots are overrated, and a wasteof $$$, a SG is not a rifle and never will be, its a short range weapon, my MOD ithaca throws a slug into a 8" paper plate at 50 yds off hand no problem, if you need to shoot farther Id say get a muzzleloader. JMHO
Old 05-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

Buy a rifled slug barrel.
My 20 gauge set-up shoots awesome.