Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sad day my nice 10 found dead

Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sad day my nice 10 found dead

As the title says we found one of the deer on our hit list dead today. Its a shame it wasnt taken by my son or I. We believe he was hit by a car was only about 75 yds from the road. Ribs appear broke and we had heard of a large deer hit w/ in a few hundred yards of where we found him
Attached Thumbnails Sad day my nice 10 found dead-ohnno.jpg  

Last edited by matt068; 03-18-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: mis spelled word
Old 03-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Nice buck

Not to sound like a wise guy but . Was he a penned deer ?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default penned

Originally Posted by TRACKER
Not to sound like a wise guy but . Was he a penned deer ?
Why would you assume the deer was penned??
Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Typical Buck

No he wasnt a penned deer and im w/ killadoe what would even make you think that
Old 03-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I find it sad when ever a deer is killed by a vehicle or those dam coyotes. We have lost a quite a few deer to coyotes up here in these parts. We had a lot of snow again this year and every time we have a lot of snow the coyote kill is quite heavey. Now is the time of year we have vehicle kills while the deer come up along side of our roads to get the salt washed out into the ditches. We loose a quite a few deer each year and we do not have that many to begin with.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

It is always hurts to find a trophy like this but it happens, last fall I was up in Maine and driving back through New York I seen a beauty along the freeway near Troy, I couldn't stop but I hope someone aleast got the rack, it was a real beauty. As Phil said the winters can be rough on the deer in N. Maine, I get up there every now and then, I think this picture was somewere around "09" (not mine) I think it was published in the Maine Dept of conservation Mag. it will give you an idea of the snow!!! Doc

Old 03-19-2011, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sooner or later

deer die. It probably interrupts the quest for the "trophy deer", but so does the unreality of only trophy hunting.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
deer die. It probably interrupts the quest for the "trophy deer", but so does the unreality of only trophy hunting.
Well said!! (I hope this isn't a "Hi-Jac" ) I have some nice deer on the wall, & I have been accused of such, It couldn't be farther from the truth, I hunt venison!! and with venison in mind it is the doe I prefer in the freezer, not much "Sweeter" than a corn fed doe, I took a nice buck this past year, a northern deer, all rutted up, we will consume it. Most of the time I will pass on a buck for this reason, BUT like every hunter I hope for the big one.
I hope this isn't a hi-jac but just like the person who thought maybe this was a pen-deer, there are those who think every hunter is out for the TROPHY, and I don't think that is the case, Doc
Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

It was a nice deer, sorry you didn.t get a chane to havest it with your son.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

That always hurts. Don't worry too much, there's always another one out there to replace it.

VA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.