Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sad day my nice 10 found dead

Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by killadoe
Why would you assume the deer was penned??
I think it was because the title read MY 10 pt., I believe thats what he was getting at.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jayjay
I think it was because the title read MY 10 pt., I believe thats what he was getting at.
I consider the big bucks that use my land MY big bucks...

Thats a great buck btw!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jayjay
Yes, I missed that, It would explain the question, Thanks for the insite, Doc
Old 03-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Vehicles get a lot of deer. On Thursday morning I saw a doe with a small fawn dead just a few miles from here. Looked like the doe was killed and the fawn was standing near the doe when it was hit.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Man that stinks I hope all my deer made it through the winter. I did find a doe that must of froze to death..
Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by vl Whitetail Genereal lv
Man that stinks I hope all my deer made it through the winter. I did find a doe that must of froze to death..
That would of been a cool picture to look at.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

sucks... too bad...
Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Was just wondering if it seemed strange to you that in as cold of a climate as NY is that the deer still has it horns? I live in MD and have had trail cam pics of bucks with no horns for at least a month and half. Just seemed odd to me.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

I live in northern Wisconsin and I had pictures of bucks with antlers still on as of March 29th. I was surprised to see it, but with an unpicked cornfield on our property, I don't think the deer were very stressed. Then again I've found three dead young deer (all last years fawns) as a result of the weather. I also found a young 8 point that had to have been hit by a car...only 20 yards from the road. I didn't find it until the snow melted and it looked much like the buck in this post except not as big.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TRACKER
Not to sound like a wise guy but . Was he a penned deer ?
he was probably asking because of the white antlers as a lot of penned deer have that coloration. it sucks that he died but at least you found him and not someone else.. i have found 13 dead racked bucks so far this year with the biggest being a 150 class basic 10 point with a sticker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.