Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Good Camera For Video Taping Hunts >

Good Camera For Video Taping Hunts

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Good Camera For Video Taping Hunts

Old 03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Spike

Default Good Camera For Video Taping Hunts

Any body know of any good cameras to video me and my buddies hunts?! We are looking to start this next season and are open for suggestions!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Spike

Have you seen the GoPro HD ? I was pretty impressed with the videos they have on GoPro.com . They are all extreme sports videos, but I think it could work well for hunting. They can be worn on the head so you can capture everything from the hunter's perspective. They are also mountable, so you could maybe mount to the riser or stabilizer of your bow. They shoot in widescreen HD. Unsure of cost.

Good luck.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.campbellcameras.com/shopp...PLAYSPORT.aspx

This is a good camera that I think would work pretty well. It is smaller and would work pretty well in the field, and it is also waterproof!!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

There are also a few other good ones on that website if you wanna look around.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

If you are interested in having good quality video, don't go with the bow cams or hat cams. Video quality wouldn't be as good plus you don't know for sure where it's pointed or how well it is following the deer. A videocamera on a camera arm would be so much smoother and better quality.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

I shot this video with a little Nikon Cool Pix camera. If you want a very affordable camera that takes good video, it works. It is lacking in good zoom capability but it does the job. I film almost all my hunting and fishing outings with it and am more than happy, though I am stepping up this year, I will still always carry my Nikon Cool Pix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Cd1t-T5hM
Old 03-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Get a Cannon great video quality and easy to use. You can get them pretty reasonable off of eBay, thats were i got mine.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a XLH1a for sale, not alot of hours and is not used to playback....