Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shed hunting finds.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shed hunting finds.

Shed hunting doesn't only result in finding deer atlers. You can various amounts of things out in the woods. Especially near creeks were anything can be found from were people upstream threw it in. So post anything and everything! (Don't forget pics of the antlers you do find!)

I've managed to find many various bottles and other junk, a flashlight, bones, boots, a little raccoon statue, two deer skulls (one doe, one buck), a coyote's jaw bones, and later found his skull about 30yrds away. No sheds yet.

All I kept were the buck skull and the raccoon statue. The doe skull was really old so I left it there. The coyote skull smelled horrible so I left it also. Everything else was useless exept one unique bottle which I don't have a picture of.

Here are some pics of the buck skull.

He's a decent 8 point. I actually wanted to find a skull so I guess it was a perfect find because he isn't big enough to upset me that he died and he looks nice next to the skull my dog found a couple years ago.

All those hours of walking on the weekends and scratches from thorns is finally paying off.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Find!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't looked a lot over the years, but I don't have much luck, Doc
Old 03-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Master chief I've been doing this for 35years.Trust me if you bring home every little thing you find,you will need to rent storage space.In 35 years I've found more than 100 racked skulls maybe even more I've lost count.Now if it aint a biggun or something with unusal character I cut the horns off.My wife might have had just a little influence on that decision.1wall in my living room I strung a piece of barbed wire across the top and used maybe 50 of my bigger antlers as a border(actually my wifes idea) it looks pretty good.
In all the years I've done this I have found everything from old bottles & stolen vechicles.Once I found a dead body.That was a little creepie.So keep your eyes open the possibilitys are endless.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by oldshedhunter35
Master chief I've been doing this for 35years.Trust me if you bring home every little thing you find,you will need to rent storage space.In 35 years I've found more than 100 racked skulls maybe even more I've lost count.Now if it aint a biggun or something with unusal character I cut the horns off.My wife might have had just a little influence on that decision.1wall in my living room I strung a piece of barbed wire across the top and used maybe 50 of my bigger antlers as a border(actually my wifes idea) it looks pretty good.
In all the years I've done this I have found everything from old bottles & stolen vechicles.Once I found a dead body.That was a little creepie.So keep your eyes open the possibilitys are endless.
I've only been a few times so as of now I'm keeping every buck skull of decent size I find. I'm sure by the time I've been doing it as long as you I'll be throwing out some for space though. I'll keep that one though because it's the first set of antlers I've ever found. And I like the barbed wire idea. Seems like it would look cool.

I hope you reported the stolen vehicles and definately the body lol
Old 03-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Can you post a picture of the border you made?? SOunds like somehting I might be interested in trying.
-Jake
Old 03-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Here's what I found today! Very unique deer!
Live it up! Doug
Attached Thumbnails Shed hunting finds.-shed-hunting-3-11-11-015.jpg   Shed hunting finds.-shed-hunting-3-11-11-016.jpg   Shed hunting finds.-shed-hunting-3-11-11-017.jpg   Shed hunting finds.-shed-hunting-3-11-11-018.jpg  
Old 03-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome! I wish mine was a hole skull instead of rotted.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Master Chief
Awesome! I wish mine was a hole skull instead of rotted.
Keep looking you could find some good sheds this time of year. Best of luck!
Live it up! Doug
Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

very nice indeed congrats
Old 03-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Idk if I can go much anymore. The crappie are bitting now(: I can go tomorrow and probably will. I want to go out on a nearby state park but I have no time anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.