Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shed hunting finds.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the time all I find is litter in the Deer Drop areas. Usually come back with a couple of garbage bags full of discarded trash.
Right now break up, roads are pretty inaccessable to areas I like to look for them.I'll give it a shot in April.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Spike

i found 3 buck skulls yesterday while out shed hunting all within 20 minutes of walking of each other. one was just the skull with the bottom jaw, the other still had vertebra attached, and i also found an entire skeleton of a deer but no skull so thats four deer all fairly close by. STILL NO BLOODY SHEDS!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ndrhunt
i found 3 buck skulls yesterday while out shed hunting all within 20 minutes of walking of each other. one was just the skull with the bottom jaw, the other still had vertebra attached, and i also found an entire skeleton of a deer but no skull so thats four deer all fairly close by. STILL NO BLOODY SHEDS!!!!!!
Do you think they were bucks that were shot and not recovered?
Old 03-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Here is another pic. I was trying to show the 2 points in front. The other pics were on my taxidermy bench and you couldn't really see the skull for all the other crap.
Live it up! Doug
Attached Thumbnails Shed hunting finds.-shed-hunting-3-11-11-021.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kswild
Do you think they were bucks that were shot and not recovered?
i think the skeleton with no skull was. it was the most complete and i didnt see any trama to the bones. one of the skulls i found had some major trama to the leg bones i found looked to of been hit by a car, the other two are questionable, i found them in heavy cover where they were probably bedded down. i do know that there were deer that were shot and never recovered, but there is a road where there is a fair bit of traffic located not far from where i found the skulls.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

I just got back from walking. I walked for four hours and found no sheds. I did find another old doe skull and a doe carcus though. The carcus was laying by a creek out in the open. Other than that I found a couple of turtle shells. I found a really good trail were they cross the creek but didn't get to look around on it. I walked up the creek bank and a huge cotton mouth was laying there. All I had was a little knife so I said forget it and walked the creek looking for more crossings. I might have to put a stand up near that crossing though. I found multiple different large sized buck tracks in it and tons of doe tracks.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

I still have over 1000 acres of creeks and ag fields to walk. I'll get to some of it tomorrow! Stay tuned!!! I've seen some huge bucks on this property! Live it up! Doug
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 AM
Typical Buck

I'm glad I just found horns and no heads.