Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Montana bill

Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

maybe it would be best if this issue was decided by the SCHOOLS!!!

as the admins. would know what is out there for kids to do....better than sittin smoking dope or poppin pills or what have you...maybe some kids would actually turn thier lives around!!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Spike

Default I agree with this bill

I used to take a rifle to school in my truck during deer and elk season when I was in high school... I even took a gun into woods class and refinished the stock in 8th grade... kids in rural Montana are different than inner city kids... you have to treat a kid with a 30-06 during deer season differently than a kid in New York with a 9mm in his backpack. Time for sensible legislature.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a mixed opinion on this. I, also, in the late 60's was in highschool and would occasionally carry my shotgun during turkey season and leave it in the trunk, but too many kids are different now. Gangs and drugs are common now even in smaller towns and an easier access to a firearm meant for hunting could easily be used for something else. I doubt the law will be passed.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mortalcare
I have to agree with not allowing to let kids come to school with guns.although it is compleatly unfair to students who want to hunt after students,the world is psyco,and this would created a loop hole for psycos to bring guns to school.not a very good idea

I say let Montana do as they please. It was probably out of state transplants who came up with this policy to not allow it.
I am sure it used to be that way when I was a teenager here in Washington state. Back when a person had rights to privacy (yes even non adults)
What better places to remove rights than from those who never experienced them to begin with, all in the "name" of safety!
Ben Franklin said it best!

Mojo,did you have to lock that Pontiac back then?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Montana can make their own laws depending on the circumstances. Damn easterners stay out. This is not NYC. I have done that myself when I was in high school, go hunting after school. Most Montanans have weapons in their vechicle all the time, we hunt after school or work and my vehicle is personnal property. Maybe if people want to go postal here, we can stop the criminals who shouldn't even have a weapon in the first place, but to penalize us sportsmen by your laws back east really sucks. Montana is where we came to get away from your damn Hilliary Clinton, tree huggers .

Bobby
Old 02-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

^^^ Great post, well said. I'm stuck in Ohio Ha! But our laws are pretty good compared to everyone around us.
-Jake
Old 02-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Spike

I used to take a rifle to school in my truck during deer and elk season when I was in high school... I even took a gun into woods class and refinished the stock in 8th grade... kids in rural Montana are different than inner city kids... you have to treat a kid with a 30-06 during deer season differently than a kid in New York with a 9mm in his backpack. Time for sensible legislature

prohuntersteve Thats some quote. I dont remember any nut job kids going crazy in NY like some western states. Theres a place for guns but I dont think a high school parking lot is one. Its not the hunters you have to worry about, its the ones that know the weapons are in the cars that could cause liability problems for the HUNTERS.