Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
374 5/8" of whitetail in two years and only 14yrs old >

374 5/8" of whitetail in two years and only 14yrs old

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

374 5/8" of whitetail in two years and only 14yrs old

Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Spike

Last edited by wilbur300wsm; 02-23-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you, but we all have to deal with crappy hunting circumstances from time to time. Until this year, I only had public land to hunt, and on public land, you constantly have your hunts “ruined” by other hunters. It’s just the way it is. Even on private land that I have to drive a good bit to get to, I have STILL had my hunts ruined by trespassers. It sucks and it pisses you off!! But that is what makes the kill that much sweeter. Getting up at 4am time after time, coming home empty-handed (for WHATEVER reason), and then finally bagging that deer. There’s nothing better! This is just my opinion, I think you could possibly be setting up your kid for disappointment by going from one extreme to another. Her killing those two bucks is very cool, but it might set up a harvest expectation that is not realistic, along with the fact that the deer, regardless of size, may be coming a bit easier than “normal.”

we cannot bait here in pa, but every other state around us can. if you hunt in those states, chances are your sitting over some sort of bait. is that fair chase?
West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Ohio ALL allow baiting? Virginia is a stone’s throw away from the southern border of PA, and we don’t allow baiting. Even where baiting is legal, I seriously doubt that most hunters are just sitting over a corn pile, waiting for a monster buck to show up. Those that hunt in states that DO allow baiting will tell you that hunting over bait isn’t nearly as simple as it sounds (i.e. it’s not necessarily a whole lot different than hunting an apple tree). I imagine that it’s the same with high fence hunting…to a degree. Now, where monster bucks are concerned, there is NO comparison between the two. Your chances of killing a monster buck on a high-fenced deer farm are much, MUCH higher than someone simply using bait.

Oh…keep in mind, posting something in a public forum and telling people to keep their opinions to themselves is like driving through a carwash with your windows down and expecting not to get wet.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wilbur300wsm
the does she shot were on private land, not a preserve.
Good stuff.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Spike

i deleted this because i wanted to show my daughter's deer pics, not get into an opinion delate. that all
Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

....nevermind...

Last edited by 7.62NATO; 02-23-2011 at 07:05 AM.