Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Do you care about the quality of your meat and the animals feeding on GMO alfalfa?
Yes
44.44%
No
55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

The end of wild deer and elk

Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Spike

Unhappy The end of wild deer and elk

I've been hunting deer and elk for over 10 years. It is the only meat my family eats. We love the quality and health aspects of the meat. The recent deregulation of GMO alfalfa will mean the end of unpolluted deer and elk meat. We all know how much deer and elk love to graze on alfalfa patches. The USDA has admitted that contamination of other fields cannot be avoided. Bees can pollinate alfalfa over a distance of 6 miles. In a few years the wild deer and elk we hunt will be feeding on GMO alfalfa because the bees will do their work and cross contaminate non-GMO alfalfa. It will be the end of our unpolluted meat source.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Spike

i dont know much about this but it seems sad.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Spike

Not to say that I am an advocate of GMO alfalfa, but how would this lower the quality of the meat?
Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is there PROOF that GMO seed is harmful to anything?
Old 02-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Deer have been eating GMO corn, soybeans, and sugar beets for years, and so have humans.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

What does GMO mean?
Old 02-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jerry d
What does GMO mean?
Genetically Modified Organism
Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Everything is genetically modified, even wheat for bread is a cross breed. Hybrid corn is everywhere. Heck, even my chickens are genetically modified. Heck, I'm even a half breed of Italian and German. If we can make an alfalfa that can grow stronger and later into fall I'd buy the seed and would help deer, grouse and turkeys big time.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Spike

Hybrid seeds have been along for a long time and there's nothing wrong with them. GMO's are quite different. If we ever had GMO people instead of being a hybrid between a German and an Italian, with GMO they could make a hybrid between a German and a jelly fish.
There is considerable research with regards to the risks of GMO seeds. Here are a few article which you might find interesting. Bottom line is that GMO alfalfa will mean the end of unspoiled game meat. I hope though that the deer won't start growing hair inside their mouths like the hamsters in this study. There also might be less deer around and they might become smaller.
http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/...tality_22.html
http://www.organicconsumers.org/arti...ticle_4682.cfm
Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, it's all a part of the plan, hbonjean. I used to think we could stop it, but the masses are too ignorant and the elite's money is too powerful. People have no idea that this is just one of the many tools being used to dominate and enslave us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.