Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

last 10 years

Old 02-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default last 10 years

MY LAST 10 YEARS

FALL OF 2000
EXPERIENCED LOSS OF BALANCE….WALKING UP PICKED CORN ROWS, I WOULD CROSS OVER TO NEXT ROW…..LOST BALANCE AND CORRECTED

SPRING OF 2001
DIDN’T KNOW IF I WOULD GO INTO FIELD..PLANTING ETC
WENT TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA (EARLY MAY) AND HAD SEVERAL TESTS…MRI,CATSCAN BLOOD TEST, NERVE TEST THING,SPINAL TAP ETC……..ALL SHOWED NORMAL
MUSTA HAD UPSWING (ADRENALIN FLOW MAYBE DUE TO SPRING RUSH?)
ANYWAY KINDA WENT AWAY BUT NOT BALANCE ISSUES..( LEARNED TO LIVE WITH IT)
FALL 2001
GOOD THROUGH HARVEST (ADRENILIN FLOW?)
2002 UP AND DOWN ROLLER COASTER RIDE (BOTH PHISICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY)
2003 SAME UP AND DOWN STUFF (HAVE LEARNED TO LIVE WITH THINGS..SLOWED DOWN A LOT) HAD MRI IN SIOUX FALLS SD (looking for MS)….ALL NORMAL
2004 SPRING ENERGY AND ADRENALINE FLOW… PRETTY GOOD..., FALL… AFTER HARVEST REAL TIRED ETC. (SLEPT TILL 10 TEN AM NAP 1-4PM) ALWAYS UP AT 5-6 before AND NEVER TOOK A NAP IN AFTERNOON
2005 SPRING NO ENERGY AND DIDN’T DO MUCH (IF ANY) WORK
JULY WENT TO MAYO CLINIC IN ROCHESTER…FINALLY DIAGNOSED (AFTER $35,000 WORTH OF TEST…OUT OF MY OWN POCKET WITH
IDIOPATHIC DEGENERATION OF THE CERREBELUM ATAXIA
I HAVE LEARNED THAT ASPARTAME CONSUPTION CAN TRIGGER MANY DEGENERATIVE DISEASES

THERE IS NO CURE!

SYMTOMS WERE…CHRONIC FATIGUE, SEVERE DEPRESION (TO THE POINT I THOUGHT OF ENDING IT) DRY EYES AND WORSENING EYESIGHT, TINGLEING IN HANDS AND FEET (KINDA LIKE CORPRAL TUNNEL),

AUG 7 2005 GOT E-MAIL FROM BOB (cousin) ON DANGERS OF ASPARTAME..WAS PRETTY HEAVY DRINKER OF DIET MT. DEW AND QUIT THAT DAY…DIDN’T SLEEP AT ALL THAT NIGHT. COMPLETELY CHANGED… NO MORE CHRONIC FATIGUE,DEPRESION ETC.ETC.
I had booked a Caribou hunt about 1.5 years prior and was to take place in Sept. 05
I emailed the outfitter on Fri. Before I got email on Sun. Warning of dangers of aspartame and wanted to know what all was expected of me to do (didn’t know if I could go on my “DREAM HUNT”)
Outfitter called me Monday after I was off of aspartame for only one day and when he called I said no problem now as I didn’t have chronic fatigue anymore as well as some of the other symptoms…went in Sept..walked for miles and had a ball…hmmm.. Coincidence….I think not!!!

FALL OF 2005.. LOTS OF ENERGY AND HUNTED AND EVEN HAULED A FEW LOADS OF GRAIN DURING HARVEST. BEST I HAD BEEN ALL OF 2005….SEPT.,OCT., GOOD END OF NOV. STARTED GOING DOWN HILL (I SENCED IT BUT DIDN’T WANNA BELIEVE)
DEC. CONTINUED TO GO DOWN HILL BY CHRISTMAS TIME AND GOING THROUGH DETOX
(TRYING ANYTHING TO GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS IN OCT.) NOT WORKING….TIRED AT 9:00 PM AND REALLY DISGUSTED
JAN. 2006 GOT A LITTLE WORSE….PAIN IN HIP STARTED (WHEN LIFTING LEFT LEG)
FEB. STILL A LITTLE WORSE BUT SOMETIMES GETTING UP EARLY AND GOING TO BED LATE..(SEEMS TO CHANGE WEEKLY)
MARCH…CONTINUALLY WORSE
APRIL IT WAS CONTINUALLY WORSE TOO. EASTER ROLLED AROUND AND FELT ROLLER COASTER RIDE SWINGING UP….BETTER FOR A FEW DAYS..
BASICALLY I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS AND MY SITUATION AND HAVE CONCLUDED THAT I HAD MY GOOD TIME FALL OF 2005 AND NOW GONNA TRY TO DO WHAT I CAN TO BE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND GO OUT AND EAT,SOCIALIZE AND TRY TO ENJOY WHAT I HAVE, INSTEAD OF FRETTING OVER WHAT I HAVE LOST
2006-Figured out how to hunt from groundblind…had a good year….killed 2 doe with bow, 1 buck with pistol ( from my groundblind), one doe with rifle, and one doe with muzzleloader
2007-was able to hunt …killed a 128” buck with bow 1- antelope buck and 1- deer doe with rifle
As of now (2008) gonna go to Texas …Don… (I went and had manual wheelchair for in lodge…sometimes I needed it sometimes I didn’t) and will hunt for one last time out of wheelchair I hope (and I did)

NOW I’M IN A JAZY 600 XL POWER WHEELCHAIR BUT HAVE A TRAIL BOSS ALL TERRAIN WHEELCHAIR NOW I CAN HUNT WITH…AND I’M BACK IN 2008 HUNTING BY GOLLY..2009 WHO KNOWS…I’M CONSIDERABLY WORSE NOW THAN A YEAR AGO

Was able to hunt 2008 (10 hogs, 3 antelope and 3 deer and 1 turkey)

2009 ( 1 blackbuck so far) just about hung it up but Don let me shoot a brokenhorn blackbuck at his ranch in Texas and I’m pumped again and gunna try and hunt all of 2009
2009 I was able to hunt yet… 1 blackbuck w/rifle 175 yrds.
1 small buck with bow from wheelchair ( a first)
3 antelope w/rifle
1 buck deer with rifle

2010???? Already cancelled hunt in Tx. (physically can't do all that’s needed to do
Gunna try and hunt locally in May for turkey (got a nice Tom)
Got a 2010 rifle buck and a muzzleloader doe (what I had tag for)

2011 once again a huge challenge…but I love challenges

If it kills me..at least I’ll go out doing what I like!

Sorry so long
Nick my son mounted the blackbuck.( he does taxidermy on the side..kinda winter thing for him... as he farms as does my youngest son) he has done for me one 5x5 whitetail,1 boar, 1 blackbuck,my archery buck that year (2007?),a snwgoose,turkey fan deal, redid a 7x8 whitetail that he said was bad HE FINDS STUFF WRONG WITH ALL MY OLD MOUNTS AND REMOUNTS EM AS WE GET CAPES TO DO SO...(maybe he will redoe another this year as we got a nice cape from rifle deer this year)...several european mounts..horn on plaque deal...probably more that I'm not thinking of right now!.. I have no clue what he charges me...I just say here mount this and the wife writes the check..I don't know and I don't care...I'm glad to have the trophy and remind me of the memories!!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

embrace each moment for none of us know when it will be our last. I too have heard bad things about aspartame. May God give you the strength.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've never heard of aspartame, but it sounds like you have been dealt a challenge. The old saying to just do the best you can with what you have and enjoy life is about all I can say.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Spike

I hate aspartame. I used to be a route man in fact, filling vending machines. During that time period, I found out about the history and facts of aspartame, how it was bootlegged through the FDA. It sickened me. Diet pepsi and Diet mt. dew were some top sellers too. I would see somebody buy one, and then I would tell them to go ahead and google aspartame. I hope I did my part in helping some people out. I hope you make the most of life from here on out, and keep hunting!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Habitat86
I hate aspartame. I used to be a route man in fact, filling vending machines. During that time period, I found out about the history and facts of aspartame, how it was bootlegged through the FDA. It sickened me. Diet pepsi and Diet mt. dew were some top sellers too. I would see somebody buy one, and then I would tell them to go ahead and google aspartame. I hope I did my part in helping some people out. I hope you make the most of life from here on out, and keep hunting!
gunna try like heck!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

God Bless You and hope things work out for the better....sounds like Your a lot more active than I could ever be...even with Your health issues?

Stay after it and keep on Hunting,it looks like You have some nice Trophies to go onto your walls! GTOHunter in Missouri
Old 02-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
God Bless You and hope things work out for the better....sounds like Your a lot more active than I could ever be...even with Your health issues?

Stay after it and keep on Hunting,it looks like You have some nice Trophies to go onto your walls! GTOHunter in Missouri
I been antelope hunting with a guy from Des Moines Iowa the last 3 years...he says I get more accomplished than some of his able bodied freinds

when the boys were growing up I frequently said "can't ain't a word!!"

guess that kinda applies to me now....by the way my sons can do most anything....noones tried brain surgery yet though...any volonteers? (sp) lol