Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tennessee survivor

Old 05-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Broncazonk
They do this in Kansas as well, even during the rut. It's always a 2 1/2 y.o. or long yearling, nothing any older, and usually a 2 1/2 y.o..

I call the young ones, "pilot bucks," and I agree, I've seen quite a few VERY LARGE bucks during the rut with one and even two pilot bucks.

Bronc
them old bucks get that way by being smart, those young bucks are the hunter sacrifice, old boy lets them go first, like a old cop veteran, letting the rookie go thru a hostile door first ,
Old 08-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

The deer was never killed. I hvw a picture of him standing by a pretty nice 2.5-3.5 year old 8 point and he makes it look like a fawn. I'll post it tomorrow.

I seen him once in season and he was a good 300 yards off. I had my 30-30 and he was walking around looking for a doe he had been chasing.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Master Chief, I live and hunt here in West Tenn. A county that borders Ky. Not to narrow your place down, are you north or south of Jackson ? That is an exceptional deer for our area, as you well know. Appears to be a river bottom deer, or near Ky.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by invmp12
Master Chief, I live and hunt here in West Tenn. A county that borders Ky. Not to narrow your place down, are you north or south of Jackson ? That is an exceptional deer for our area, as you well know. Appears to be a river bottom deer, or near Ky.
I'm just a bit east of Jackson. Here is the picture were he dwarfs a 2.5 110" 8 point

I seriously can't see him grossing under 160 how he is in the pictures. He looked a good bit bigger last season but everything looks bigger in the stand lol
Old 08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Spike

wow..
so beautifull animals.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

I am familiar with your area, somewhat. I am near the Ky border, Obion River Bottom. I hope you are on some private ground and not near some of the more public. I sure do hope you are blessed to get a good shot him this fall ! That will be a great deer for our area. As you well know, with our buck limits, things are getting better. If you are able to take him, send me a private MSG and let me know. Good luck this fall !
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

I would be happy to just to see him again.

Ive heard that deer often shed their antlers were they are during bow season so I might set a stand up were I got these pics (got him on cam the next week antlerless)

I mostly am going to focus on getting the 130" buck Ive been getting on camera though. He isn't as smart and I know exactly how Ill hunt him. My biggest buck was only 90" and I really want to get one for the wall and a P&Y with my bow.

I most likely will set a stand up were these pics were taken though. Just in case I get that voice in my head saying today is the day. I definately know were to hunt him in the rut(where I saw him last year). I actually shot my 8 point a few days after I saw him.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Listen to that small, still voice !
Old 11-17-2015, 10:58 AM
Spike

Default Does anyone know how this turned out?

Did Master Chief see this buck in 2013 or 2014? Get any more photos? Any details?

Bronc
Old 11-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

As a retired LE officer I think the following quote from this thread is pretty lame and insulting. It isn't funny and it isn't true and a pizz poor analogy! " like a old cop veteran, letting the rookie go thru a hostile door first".