Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What's your plan if you fall from your stand ? >

What's your plan if you fall from your stand ?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's your plan if you fall from your stand ?

Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Cell works great there..but 90 miles away won't do much good.LOL
Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I have the relief straps..but after reading some horror stories of huys who have fallen...I plan to buy the 300.00 vest that comes with the build in life rope..I wanted to lose some weight first ..for their is a big difference in weight for us fat guys..LOL

BUT I'm getting one before next season....my family needs me ;;;I'll use my income tax money..I just hope the darn thing works..I know it's pretty heavy..

Who makes this vest?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll post the company when I get home..working now..
Old 02-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
Who makes this vest?

Rescue One CDS II. I just purchased one a few weeks ago. Very well made harness. Here is a link:

http://mountaineer-sports.com/
Old 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

btw the 4 point harnesses are designed to not cut off circulation the way the old ones that just went under your arms were accused of doing...

and don't fall in the first place! (of course I know sh*t happens) but get yourself a quality ladder stand, big platform, arm rests, shooting rail. If you don't take it down every year, loosen those straps so the tree can grow, and snug them up before each season. or just replace them every year.

An oz. of prevention is worth a lb. of cure...
Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Vahuntr

Is the pin and brake esay to understand...I was al little concerned that the manin the video had to jump a little to activate the rope / brake assembly..

How long does it take you to set the harness up after you practice with it.

Does your climber feel funny to carry when you have the harness on.??

.I usually where my harness right over my t shirt and then put the rest of my garmets on..over the harness...does this harness HAVE to be worn on the outside of your hunting coat?

Thanks,
C7
Old 02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
btw the 4 point harnesses are designed to not cut off circulation the way the old ones that just went under your arms were accused of doing...

and don't fall in the first place! (of course I know sh*t happens) but get yourself a quality ladder stand, big platform, arm rests, shooting rail. If you don't take it down every year, loosen those straps so the tree can grow, and snug them up before each season. or just replace them every year.

An oz. of prevention is worth a lb. of cure...
Not so!

You need to do a google search on "suspension trauma". If you fall from your stand and can't get back into it you are in trouble. Even with a full body harness. You have got to have a way to do one of the following:
A: Get back on the ground or
B: Relieve the pressure on your legs with a suspension relief strap.

The Rescue One CDS(Controlled Descent System) Harness allows you to lower yourself to the ground if you can't get back in your tree stand.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Vahuntr

Is the pin and brake esay to understand...I was al little concerned that the manin the video had to jump a little to activate the rope / brake assembly..

How long does it take you to set the harness up after you practice with it.

Does your climber feel funny to carry when you have the harness on.??

.I usually where my harness right over my t shirt and then put the rest of my garmets on..over the harness...does this harness HAVE to be worn on the outside of your hunting coat?

Thanks,
C7
Chuck7, I have only tried the harness on indoors so far. It is a little more bulky than the Seat O The Pants harness I was wearing but you can tell it is a quality made product. It will take some getting used to I am sure. For the benefits this harness provides, I will take a little bulkiness.

I spoke with the owner about wearing the harness under your coat. He stated that he wore his under his hunting coat but to make sure you could get to the shoulder strap if a fall occurred.

All I have done thus far is remove the back cover and verify the pin was installed properly as it shows in the book. I plan to practice with it next month.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks man....

After you practice with it for a while...I want to get your review advice again..

I generally dress like this since I am big..
in the winter time..in this order..

socks

long jons

pants

t shirt

seat of the pants harness..

light sweat shirt { Hunt in Florida}

Camo hunting coat without liner

slip on La Crosse boots.

I have the cheap orange vest in my pocket..I go to the stand in the dark...keep camoflaughed..when I climb down I have the orange vest on..and wear it to the truck.

If i wore your new harness and fell..I would unzip the camo coat..pull out the brake mechanism..and come on down the tree.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

put my head between my legs and kiss my ass good bye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.