Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wildlife Biologists

Old 07-24-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Wildlife Biologists

is neone in here a wildlife biologist, im almost positive thats what i would like to go to college for and do for the rest of my life it seems like a really neat job and sumthing i would enjoy and look forward to goin to each and everyday. i was just wondering if anybody knew what classes you would have to take and all the specs.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:02 AM

Default RE: Wildlife Biologists

Highcountry-

I went to college at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, argueably one on the best natural resources colleges in the nation. They offered Wildlife Biology as one of their majors. It requires alot of biology, chemistry and math. When I was in college, (10 years ago) there was not a great demand for wildlife biologists and the pay was not all that great, plus you are working while all the best season are under way. I am not trying to talk you out of it and if it is something you would like to do, go for it! For more info go to:

www.uwsp.edu/
Old 07-25-2003, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Penn State has a great outdoors curriculum with majors in wildlife/fisheries.

http://www.sfr.cas.psu.edu/Wildlife/...Fisheries.html
Old 07-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

We sure could use more hunter friendly ones , go for it . I once daydreamed about a career in marine biology , I didn' t follow through and regret it to this day . Follow your passion .
Old 07-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I do a lot of the same things the biologists do. Actually went to college to become one. Then I became a guide, writer, speaker and wildlife researcher. I probably make about the same or less[:' (], but I get to go hunting when I feel like it.

We need good, qualified, hunter-freindly biologists, go for it.

T.R.