Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Season over fanatic created

Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Spike

Default Season over fanatic created

He wont stop talking about it. It's all he wants to do. Even got in trouble at school for drawing a guy in a deer stand looking over a corn field instead of paying attention in class. I took him last year and strapped him into a stand of his own with a camera. After the hunter saftey course this year we went hunting. Took all season,even passed on a button buck. But finally in the last gun weekend he shot this nice doe. 80 yards 1/4 to us. My nine year olds first deer.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to both of you.
To him for getting his first deer, and to you for a hunting partner that will love hunting.

Tell him I said good job.

jrbsr
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome!! Congrats!!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

that is great, good for both of you. congrats.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Spike

Congrats to both of you especially the youngin for his first deer
Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

awesome! what caliber did he use?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Spike

Thanks guys. He's really proud of her, and his shot. We have to use a shotgun or muzzleloader here in illinois. He has a 20 but wanted to use my .50 cal muzzleloader. I let him shot it and he loved it. 150 grains of tripple seven with a 260 grain bullet.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

My best friend and neighbor started hunting together when his dad started taking us. My parents never hunted so I wouldn't have gotten involved. I probably owe more to this guy then he will ever realize. To my surprise when I was younger he quit hunting when we were old enough to go on our own. He was just out there for us and that means something. Your son will now have one more think to do that will help keep him out of trouble and get him out of the house. Too many kids today would rather play video games then get outside, especially when it's cold.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Spike

spot on with that flyinlowe
Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
My best friend and neighbor started hunting together when his dad started taking us. My parents never hunted so I wouldn't have gotten involved. I probably owe more to this guy then he will ever realize. To my surprise when I was younger he quit hunting when we were old enough to go on our own. He was just out there for us and that means something. Your son will now have one more think to do that will help keep him out of trouble and get him out of the house. Too many kids today would rather play video games then get outside, especially when it's cold.
I don't spend much time in the stand these days by myself. Havent for a couple of years now.Between him and the 4 year old twins I am juggling kids in the field alot. Even built a 8x8 "condo" on stilts to house them all when it's cold. That way we all can still be in the field. Would'nt have it any other way. His idea to plant a food plot this spring so thats in the works already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.