Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

North American Hunting Club

Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Angry North American Hunting Club

My son recently received a letter inviting him to join the North American Hunting Club. Being an avid 15 year old hunter he jumped at the chance to join for the promised magazine and hunting knife for signing up.
That was about two months ago. So far he has gotten one magazine,no knife and a ton of junk mail including a book on deer hunting that I now have to send back to avoid paying for. I called them last week to inform them of how unhappy I am with their organization. I was told that they would try to cut down on the junk mail and that most of their actual hunting information was on line.
Today he got two more letters from them inviting him to join Good Sams(great for a 15 year old) and some other stupid thing.

What a Great experience this has been!!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Spike

Yea with them there is a ton of junk mail, bonus offers, etc. unfortunately. If you can get past all that then the magazine is pretty good but I don't know if I would resubscribe when my year is up just beacuse of all the extra junk they send. I don't know if all hunting related magazine companies are like that or not, I also subscribe to Buckmasters magazine & get calls from them all the time wanting to sell me more hunting magazines which is annoying but their magazine is really good in my opinion. They always call from the same number so I saved it & each time it pops up I send them staight to voicemail.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe You can get them to stop the junk mail and so-called free stuff...they have been sending me the same literature for years and I just save the crappy note pad and misc stuff and throw the sign up away!Since Your Son is under age maybe You can cancel it all together?

Tell Your Son never to OK or sign anything any more unless he talks it over with You first!Sad part is Your going to recieve all kinds of Spam and Junk mail for a long time now!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

NCGHunter...a few years ago I was considering subscribing to Buckmasters...got a phone call to join for 1 year for around $19.99 special offer,well I simply asked for them to send me the paper work to join so I could talk it over with my Wife and think about it.I recieved the form and didn't sign anything because I buy other Hunting Magazines at the Store...well about 2 weeks later I start getting the Buckmasters Magazine and a Bill for $27.00 for 1 year of subscription,and I recieved about 2 of their magazines when they stopped coming in.I was mad because I didn't sign anything and the special was originally for $19.99 a year?I called and refused to pay the higher price..they kept calling and threatened to turn me over to a Collection Agency,I kept refusing to take their call and threat mail and it finally stopped.Now they call and ask if I want to join for 3-5 years since I was such a good Customer...I tell them I haven't paid for my last Subscription!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 01-23-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put any mail from NAHC, in the "straight from mailbox to garbage" catagory. Dont even open it, its toxic.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:40 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Had the same thing happen.

Sent their unsolicited book back wrapped to a brick! And did inform them that unsolicted items sent to me through the US postal mail in the State of Wisconsion was mine FREE to keep since I did not ask for them inthe first place! So told them anything further I get from them - Oh well their loss!

So far so good - nothing furhter showed up
JW
Old 01-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was 15 I was in my 5th year of hunting and I joined NHC as a lifetime member, what a stupid move that was, they suck
Old 01-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Spike

I get this thing every year and just received it again about a week ago. I keep the stickers,use the address labels, license holder, note pad and never respond to them. I figure I get a few free things from them each year by not responding at all ,what could be better?
Old 01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

i had the same org send me the same thing in the mail about 2 weeks ago, it contained some stickers and a notepad and some other junk in it, i was really thinkin about joining the club but i did a lil research and it doesnt seem to have any thing good that i would be interested in, so i did not send what they wanted.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

including a book on deer hunting that I now have to send back to avoid paying for.
NAHC pulls this stunt every year with calenders, coins and books.

Been a member of NAHC since about 2002. Will not renew my subscription. They want you to become a lifetime member of NAHC but their brochures never state how much it costs.

In all those years i've gotten five little targets to "test". NAHC is a scam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.