Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

North American Hunting Club

Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Somebody tell me why you would ever have a reasonable expectation of somebody GIVING you free stuff?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Spike

I don't know if you guys read "North American Whitetail" or not, but I have subscribed for years. Great magazine, and I don't think any of the junk mail I get is associated...
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

The forum and the people on it, caused me to become a life member though......................forget about any of the so called "free stuff".
Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Not expecting free stuff at all. Just want a simple magazine,and not a ton of junk mail. I also really do not appreciate being sent something I did not ask for that I have to send back or pay for. I have now had a discussion with them and hope it stops.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:51 AM
Spike

If you receive any mail item from any organization that you did not order or do not want, you can send it back without paying postage if you do not open it and the sender has it endorsed with a request for "return service", "address service", or "change service", etc.

I have been a life member for 8 or 9 years. When I first signed up, I was sent a really nice leather bomber coat that was included in the life membership. After that I started to receive items that I did not order but I knew what to do with them. I just wrote "refused" on the package and gave back to my carrier. After a few times the unwanted packages stopped coming.

I have received a few nice things through the field testing program, like looking through the magazine, and have met some wonderful people that I have made life-long friends with. It has been a yearly tradition for that past 6 or 7 years to go to Ohio and camp for the weekend with some of the members of NAHC. The first year of the annual "Get Together" I met members from FL, MO, OK, OH, PA, NY, WV, and MI.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is what I do with this stuff .... I return junk mail in another junk mailer's prepaid postage envelops. Amazing how soon the $rap quits !~! As far as NAHC, Buck Masters, etc. .... remember they are all about the Franklins.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a similar story about hunting magazine subscriptions from a while back.

When I was in high school (over a dozen years ago), one of my aunt's bought me a ONE-YEAR subscription to Petersen's Hunting Magazine for my birthday. I very much enjoyed the magazine and quickly became a big fan of Craig Boddington, and I continue to frequent their website, . After the ONE-YEAR subscription expired, my aunt didn't renew the subscription, and I started getting renewal notices in the mail. Being 14-15 at the time, I didn't have a lot of cash to throw around, so I didn't renew the subscription.

However, I continued to get each new issue in the mail, and I continued to get renewal notices... For 6yrs... It was only when I tried to change my address and get it delivered straight to my house, instead of my parent's address that they finally realized that they had been sending me the magazine for so long without payment.

That was when they tried to back-bill me for all of the copies, at news-stand price ($30 a year). I had NEVER subscribed to the magazine, and had NEVER renewed my subscription (indicating that I wanted to continue paying for it). The renewal notices said "renew now or this will be your last issue", so I always assumed they'd stop coming. They even threatened to turn my account over to collections to hurt my credit. I informed their subscriptions agent that, in my opinion, it was their fault for sending me the magazines FOR FREE, and I had never agreed to pay for even ONE copy of the magazine, let alone 6yrs, that I had no intention of paying for those magazines, and that if they DIDN'T drop my balance and clear my account, that I would sue them, and I hung up the phone.

Another agent called back the next day, apologized for the inconvenience, and said not only would my account be cleared, but I would be given an additional year for free to "hopefully change my mind" about their service, and maybe encourage me to subscribe in the future.

So at the end of the day, I got 7yrs of Petersen's Hunting Magazine for free....
Old 01-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Dominant Buck

There are pirates out there...trying to scam the slower population of people..

Once I was looking at stuff on ebay..an ebay page came on top of the one I was looking at..I didn't want to look at the page so I clicked a box that said click here.

By clicking that box I had subscribed unknowingly to a 40.00 a month plan to stop smoking { I don't smoke} and the money was coming out automatically from our credit card. I'd be sunk if it wasn't for my smart wife..She had noticed 2 40.00s already had been taken out..

She somehow...took a long time..found a phone number and threatened them with credit card fraud..we also notified ebay and the credit card..then it stopped..

BUt fellows..these folks are money hungry pirates preying on your average Joe the plumber types..

By the way..this hunting mag.tried to get us too.. We could smell a rat and did not subscribe..Why subscribe to any magazine whn you got Hunting.Net? LOL
Old 02-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck....I can't read HuntingNet on the toilet.....
Old 02-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

FYI, it is generally a bad idea to give out your credit card info for things like that. If you had paid for your subscription by check, they would not be able to send you something and say they are charging you unless you send it back.

If I were you, I'd change your credit card number and take it as a lesson learned. Otherwise, they are likely to send you something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.