Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bow or Gun?????? Which one is more fun. >

Bow or Gun?????? Which one is more fun.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bow or Gun?????? Which one is more fun.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Spike

Question Bow or Gun?????? Which one is more fun.

I bow hunt and gun hunt. I pesronally think gun hunting is more fun but when you bow hunt you can actually watch the deer for an hour or so at a time. gun hunting its around five minutes if your lucky. What do you think?
Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

To be honest, i think its really a preference thing. Everyone has there favorite thing, some might be gun some might be bow.

Last edited by Lance_23; 01-20-2011 at 05:47 AM. Reason: miss type
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

although bow is alot more werk than gun....i like bow, puts ya right in the mix, nothin like having a deer walk up to ya, put their nose on ya and take a big wiff, jump back and start stompin the ground at ya to get ya to flinch!! like a bull fixin to charge!!! full adrenaline rush!!!
took me 4 years to get in the mix like that though.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

like gun and bow hunting but I'm more of a gun hunter
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

I like both. Just cause ya have a gun in your hand doesn't mean that ya have to shoot 200 yards. I have only taken 3 deer that were futher than 50 yards.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

I think bowhunting is more fun than gun. I'd say it's more challenging you have to do a lot more movement drawing your bow and you gotta get them in close. Once you shoot one with a bow you'll be hooked at least I am I didnt even take a gun hunting last season.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Brent B
I think bowhunting is more fun than gun. I'd say it's more challenging you have to do a lot more movement drawing your bow and you gotta get them in close. Once you shoot one with a bow you'll be hooked at least I am I didnt even take a gun hunting last season.
You're correct on that one!.....Gun hunters can learn alot by talking to Old bow hunters......I have never hunted with a bow, but all my questions have always been to bow hunters..
Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Spike

I used to do nothing but bow hunt, but a few years ago I took the .270 out and really enjoyed it. Since then I have gave up the bow and now gun hunt only. One reason is I dont have enough time or dedication to practice with the bow anymore. And i really like neck shooting them with my .270! Love to watch them fall where I shoot them. No tracking!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default At my age

I could care less if anyone has favorites. I just want to be able to get out hunting, be it archery or firearms. And the more choices the better.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

im kind of like valentine....i just love to get out and hunt. Id probably say gunhunting is more "fun" because you have more chances to take a deer tho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.