Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bow or Gun?????? Which one is more fun. >

Bow or Gun?????? Which one is more fun.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bow or Gun?????? Which one is more fun.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I had to pick one, it would be bow... nothing like it... but I do like to whack them w/ my gun too!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always loved gun hunting, something about being in the woods with a rifle/gun, etc...maybe because it's so foreign around here, the city/burbs.

but I'm pretty much only a bow hunter these days. I'd rather hunt the rut or near it than post rut with a gun, rut wit a gun would be amazing.

I also kinda like a nice 100yd shot as opposed to a 20yd bow shot, but that's just me, but I make do, and it's all bow for me these days...
Old 01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Spike

For me, there is no doubt that I love bow hunting much more than gun hunting. I almost feel as if I'm cheating when I take a gun out hunting.

Part of it might be that I get to spend a lot more time bow hunting because our season here is 4 months long and I can buy as many antlerless bow tags as I would like. Not so with the gun.

I love the challenge that the bow adds.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

I've always preferred gun hunting. It may be the combining of my love of guns, with the joy of hunting, and just being outdoors in the fall that makes it all work for me.

I just never got into bow hunting, and don't really have the time to do both effectively.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

At this point of my life gun........20yrs ago bow.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

It's a lot cheaper to go shoot your bow every night, which I like. And there is more of an "inner game" shooting a bow. I like that, too.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have the patience for bow hunting and mosquitos. Like the comradery associated with gun hunting better. And I fell out of a tree and wrecked my ankle years ago and hate tree stands (unless it's a huge box stand on stilts).

Archery is more of an individual thing IMHO.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I have had more success with Bow, but prefer firearm by far.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't hunted with a gun for bout 10 years now so, bow hunting is more fun for me. Only killed one deer with a gun and it was a quota hunt here in KY. As far as having more chances, maybe, but if you do your homework you will get plenty with a bow.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Sadly to say..gun
And why is that? Because in FLorida I only get about 5 weekends for archery..General gun is everyday for about a month and 1/2 ..

If the time frame to hunt was the same..it would be bow hands down.

Reasons being..
A. you cna shoot does

B. Quieter

C. more of a rush

D. requires more skill

E. woods are quieter

F.Less hunters

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-20-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.