Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Shows

Old 01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Ya some of those shows arent even real hunting almost. I have hear the deer are on a hunting ranch with a ten foot high fence so the deer cant get out. All we can do is sit here and dream of shooting three deer that big every year. I gotta say that i do enjoy watching The Crush with lee and tiffany though!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna say that if these "Hollywood" hunters had to film their shows on public land they would be "starving actors"!!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

well how long would people watch if they all shot spikes???? Yes that is more realistic but a spike won't sell you the newest gimic will it.

Look at ford, chevy and dodge commercials. I never see the ranger competing against the dakota. Right, so bigger the better.

It's all just to try and sell you something and it is enjoyable every now and then. I do give lee and tiffany a little more credit though because I think they have shown what you can do if you have the resources and you let them grow up what can happen. Most of the hunting "pro's" just show up at an outfitters house and hunt they don't live the life they only benefit from it.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter's are the problem. We buy and watch and pump money in to the beast. I for one don't mind it. There are worse things to spend your money on. If you measure you own skills on the size of the animal you take, you are destined for a sub par hunting career in your own mind. You should measure your self based on the enjoyment you get from the hunt, not whether you are successful at a B&C kill or not. What I don't like is all this bad vibe, "woa is me" attitude. Get out and hunt and enjoy it! That's the great thing about hunting, it's camaraderie with friends and a time for inner reflection, and if you are lucky you harvest a deer!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

The hunting shows are just that, a show for entertainment. You can get good information on a few of the shows but if they weren't entertaining how many of you would even turn them on.

I know of at least one show where the "celebrity" hunter is admired on this site so I will not say his name but I do know one of his guides and they set out multiple stand sites with hunters in place and once the "monster buck" is taken they play it out as the celebrity hunter harvested the deer. Including putting a stalk and the shot "after the deer is already dead". In other words they make it look like the host of the show harvested the deer.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Most of those hunters couldn't find a deer much less shoot one if left on their own.

And the one thing I don't understand is EVERY one of those deer shot (well most of them it seems) run a long ways after being hit. I have never had one run more then 5 yards in 40 years of hunting. That is other then the first one which I emptied a 30-30 into broadside at 40 yards and that ran 100 yards.

I think they're using bullets that are passing through the deer instead of expending the energy inside it. Expensive stuff that you don't need for whitetail deer.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Something I noticed

I also noticed the last few years there are more WOMEN either on there own ,or with there husband or partner hunting .
So where do they get the $$ to hunt probably 6 months or more through out the year .. Yup . Manufacturers who get them to use and advertise there products .
I do like watching a few of them , but when I see high fences or feeders / bait piles , I turn the channel ..
If these hunters and the sponsors products work that good then why the bait or fences ??
Ever see the ad , SEX SELLS ?? thats where these sexy babes come in ... And thr reason there are more showing up on tv ..
So as stated , they are basicaly hunting on us ,,,,,
Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

Lee and Tiffany came to Richmond, Va at the end of last summer to one of those sportsmans shows. I will say this, they both were very gracious and signed litterally hundreds of hats, shirts, etc.. Now I know they are making a lot of money doing this, but when I talked to them they both seemed like very genuine people and did not take their celebrity status for granted. They do work hard for their money. I thought Tiffany was hot while watching that show, but she is twice as hot in person. Me likey!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

All outdoor shows are "canned" hunting IMHO.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to check out something that is more relatable, check out www.whitetailsinc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.