HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Well guys it's over....... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/338395-well-guys-its-over.html)

H.L.H 01-15-2011 08:01 AM

Well guys it's over.......

Today is the last day of the Oklahoma deer archery season. It's kinda sad but I haven't had hardly any sleep since October so I'm kinda happy! I've had the best year yet and I've never seen so many deer. I shot a little five point and a 8 point so I think this season was a great success. I might do a little predator hunting but for now I'm just going to spend my weekends sleeping in and checking trail cameras. I hope everyone had a great safe season!

rlpsystems 01-15-2011 08:34 AM

It is kinda a relief when the season is over. I had a terrible time trying to work and hunt. Trying to run a household and hunt.... and so on and so on. I had a great season, and I am looking forward to the next. Already have a big pot of deer chili on and smoker is almost ready for the hams......Thats livin to me.....

MICHAELHUNTER 01-15-2011 02:13 PM

I agree with you guys. As much as I love hunting, after a while, between getting out of bed at 5 am to hunt every day off and work the end of the season is a relief!

TRACKER 01-15-2011 04:17 PM

Wow

Originally Posted by H.L.H (Post 3758232)
Today is the last day of the Oklahoma deer archery season. It's kinda sad but I haven't had hardly any sleep since October so I'm kinda happy! I've had the best year yet and I've never seen so many deer. I shot a little five point and a 8 point so I think this season was a great success. I might do a little predator hunting but for now I'm just going to spend my weekends sleeping in and checking trail cameras. I hope everyone had a great safe season!

I thought I had a long season .
Runs from September 27 to December 12th ? Give or take a day ?
I kinda agree , As long as I can find time to go in the AM. PM. or All day long , the season gets long especialy if you hunt all 3 Bow , Muzzleloader and Rifle like I do .
We also go South of the State for the Southern Tier opener .
5 am every morning possible can get dragged out , but the way our rut runs its better around here the last couple weeks of the Hunting Season , So I,m so into it by then I dont even think abought the time . LOL......

VA5326 01-16-2011 06:59 PM

By the end of the season I'm ready for it to be over. Two weeks later, I'm ready for it to start again.

SJAdventures 01-16-2011 07:08 PM

Ours ML is on until Feb 15th.

Ranger Danger 01-16-2011 08:24 PM

I was in the stand the first day of Oklahoma's season, and in the stand the last day. I hunted a minimum of 2 days a week, and never went one day without at least seeing deer. I passed on more deer this year that I've seen in the last 3 years.

Hopefully next year is even better.

okieshooter 01-17-2011 09:27 AM

I can tell it is over cause I saw 3 BIG bucks by the road this morning and they just stood for about 5 minutes. I guess they know it is over too.