HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Why should we stop hunting the tigers and protect the other animals? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/338382-why-should-we-stop-hunting-tigers-protect-other-animals.html)

Larrye 01-14-2011 08:48 PM

Why should we stop hunting the tigers and protect the other animals?

I need help with my speech in english class so i would apriciate if you guys whould help!!!By the way im in 7th grade but i would be happy with any kind of info!!!!!

Chuck7 01-14-2011 11:17 PM

Are you sure your not an anti hunter coming in here as a spy?

I don't hunt tigers but I do hunt game I plan to eat. The Bible makes reference to it in The Good Book..and if it's ok with God..it's ok with me. I only shoot game I plan to eat...

ADVWannabee 01-15-2011 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 3758108)
The Bible makes reference to it in The Good Book..and if it's ok with God..it's ok with me.

Exactly. When Adam and Eve sinned and realized they were naked, God went and got animal skins to cover them. After the flood, a meat diet was approved by God. So if God says it is ok, it is ok.

As for hunting tigers, I don't have an answer for you. If they are not endangered, then hunting can help keep the population healthy and keep them from threatening people.

Myself, I mostly hunt animals I can eat but will take an occasional animal that I don't eat such as coyote or groundhog.

Rhody Hunter 01-15-2011 05:14 AM

other animals is to vague,
when you come here with this as your first post and no info about yourself in your profile we start to wonder who you are and your intentions
what is this speech about?

DeerandbearhoG 01-15-2011 05:27 AM

I dont believe tigers have been hunted legally for several decades, they are severely endangered. I believe very few live in the wild, in Asia, but in a nutshell, a certain number of animals like wolves, coyotes, and mt lions must be trapped or hunted every year because too many of them will have a negative impact on others species such as deer, turkey and rabbits.

timbercruiser 01-15-2011 05:28 AM

I don't think it is legal to hunt tigers, unless they have proven to be a threat to man. Management/hunting of different animal species is needed to prevent over population, leading to a healthy population. The hunting seasons and bag limits are set by trained wildlife biologist. Most anti hunters don't want to talk about the fact that hunters licenses/tags and contributions fund the management practices.

Chuck7 01-15-2011 08:41 AM

also , I must confess I've killed a few other animals within the decade that I did not eat..

5 moccassins,
a few brown rats
Fire Ants
Roaches
Deer Flies
Mosquitoes
Ticks
Fleas
Paper Wasp
Honey Bees
and
Spiders

RIbadazzz 01-15-2011 09:04 AM

Perhaps do a little research on how hunting these animals have actually protected them and brought them back from extinction threats?

I believe the African elephant is probably the most easily of these to research, essentially anywhere elephants are hunted they're thriving, when areas of Africa become un-hunted, poachers run ramped.

I'm pretty sure you can't hunt tigers legally anywhere in the world...so the only hunting of tigers that occurs is through illegal poaching.

Perhaps if we charged $100k to hunt a tiger, that money could go to fun anti-poaching programs etc...