Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Say "NO" to too many Cabelas catalogs >

Say "NO" to too many Cabelas catalogs

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Say "NO" to too many Cabelas catalogs

Old 01-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

I dont receive Cabelas catalogs they want an arm and 2 legs for everything they sell,pair of socks run you about 60 dollars from them,I stopped buying from all the big name stores when I learned to shop smarter on the internet.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Spike

My wife hates those catalogs, I look at them and buy stuff! All kidding aside, I like getting them because I don't always have a computer and the time to browse through and look at new equipment online. Imaging how long it would take to look up online each item in catalog, and how many you might never know existed if you didn't happen to see it while flipping through the catalog. Just be sure to recycle them when you are done.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I spent most of my money on hunting and shooting equipment and wasted the rest ! LOL

I love Cabela's.................they take care of me too.

Never had a concern that they didn't fix !
Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone who buys shooting supplies from cabelas is wasting $$$ you can find stuff much cheaper @ midsouth, midway, natchez, amazon etc.

Love the catalogs though they make great coasters and I shred the rest for cat litter.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
I like getting all there catalogs. I live in Northern Idaho, just about every family up here is supported by the timber industry.

Trees are a renewable resource. It is a symbiotic system, using American timber to print hunting cataloges and using the timber land to hunt on!!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Anyone who buys shooting supplies from cabelas is wasting $$$ you can find stuff much cheaper @ midsouth, midway, natchez, amazon etc.

Love the catalogs though they make great coasters and I shred the rest for cat litter.
You gotta shop around for the deals. Got the Hornady Lock n Load classic kit for $250 with free shipping from Cabela's. Never gonna find it that cheap at Midway.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

"wasting $$$ you can find stuff "

I don't buy "stuff" - I buy equipment & if I have a problem there is NEVER a worry when I deal with Cabela's.

Because I don't want to WASTE my money !

Buy it once !!!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas may not be the best price on everything but if you watch they can be competitve on many items and the bargain cave can be a real deal. i just bought a pair of very nice microfleece hunting pants in a large tall size. Normal price for them is $179.....with my points and discount from the cave cost me $34.

I once owned a spotting scope my wife bought for me from Cabelas. After 11 years of bouncing around in the truck and many many trips to the field the magnifier lense broke. They gave me "full" credit based on the original sell price. Try that at Amazon....................or Ebay or your favorite online shopping site.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
I was elk hunting last weekend and didn't get a chance to check my PO box for 4 days. When I did there was a Cabelas Mid Winter catalog, Cabelas shooting catalog, Cabelas fly fishing catalog and a bargain cave flyer all neatly rolled up in it. So in less than 4 days I got 3 of their catalogs.
that's 4 catalogs
Old 01-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

I do all of my Cabelas shopping online so I have no need for the catalogs. Years ago I asked to be removed from their mailing list. And it worked. Then I bought something online, and once again started receiving catalogs. I recycle everyone immediately when they arrive in the mail so it is quite a waste in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.