Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Corn ect.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Spike

It's spread out pretty good. Gonna check the cam tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Spike

Ok guys...the area where I'm hunting is pretty small....like 3-4 acres and everything around it is open, plowed field. I'm really guessing that these deer bed on the neighbors property(of course it's all woods and overgrown haha). I know you're supposed to try and get close to the bedding areas to hunt. Am I in a bad situation?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Spike

here is a drawing of what i'm hunting...the boxed area is about 3-5 acres. the light brown is clearing with grass about waist high. green is thick trees. white is plowed fields right now but will be planting rice there in march. yellow is a little trail through the thick trees but unless i had a tripod stand, it would be difficult to hunt.

Currently we are seeing lots of tracks along the east side in the plowed fields, with tracks leading around towards the neighbors woods(bottom left). some tracks also enter the woods from the east. right now i have my stand overlooking the southeast clearing with my corn and camera in the southeast corner of the clearing about 100 yards in front of my stand.

I hope this isn't too confusing haha.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

That looks like a good spot to me. That looks like a really good are for the deer to move through. Are you getting any pictures?
Old 01-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Spike

I put out my cam about a week ago. Got one pic and it may be my imagination but I can faintly maybe see a deer(edge of the flash range). Ill post any pics if I get any. Seen tons of tracks so I hope this results in actual sightings this fall!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

in the last few years all the deer i have shot were on small tracts or land, no bigger than 10 acres of total property. i put corn out but around here the deer go though a bag (50 lbs in a day or so once it gets cold. and yes alot of my pictures are at night but all it takes is for the deer to get hungry on time in the day light for you to fill a tag.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Spike

damn thats a lot of corn haha...im just a poor college student so a food plot and a couple pounds of corn will have to do
Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Cronic wasting disease or something like that.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Where are you at in Lousiana?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

The deer seasons in Lousiana are like the deer seasons in Alabama.The rut doesn't happen until January and the last two weeks are the best time to hunt.But you can bait deer in Lousiana so the does will come in and the bucks won't be far behind if they aren't under much hunting pressure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.