Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Coyote problerm!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Coyote problerm!

We have a big problem with coyote around me, what is the best way to hunt them and what time of day or night?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

big pile of frozen meat in a field, and steak it out in a ground blind. night would be better if permitted. or ya can do some calling
Old 01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Go to Hobby Lobby and get lil stirefoam balls about ehhh, almost as big as a golf ball. Soak them in Bacon Grease. Put them out on a trail you think there using and. They will swallow them hole and choke to death.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dpj1030
Go to Hobby Lobby and get lil stirefoam balls about ehhh, almost as big as a golf ball. Soak them in Bacon Grease. Put them out on a trail you think there using and. They will swallow them hole and choke to death.
I am all for taking them out, but this is extreme in my opinion. how would you like to choke to death? horrible way to die.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Styrofoam sounds like wives tale. Could be true but just sounds too easy.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can hunt them, you can trap them, you can poison them, you can feed them little styrofoam balls, but you can't exterminate them. Folks have been trying to control them for a couple hundred years and their territory continues to expand, not contract. Use it as another great hunting opportunity if you want, but don't kid yourself by thinking you can control them. They area fact of life. If they get too thick, the mange will reduce their numbers. The only time that I've heard of coyote numbers being reduced is when the wolves move in, and nobody wants that. Be glad you just have coyotes.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bloodsaw

Originally Posted by dpj1030

I am all for taking them out, but this is extreme in my opinion. how would you like to choke to death? horrible way to die.
I am all in for killing them also, but I hunt them.
I don't feel any animal should suffer.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Call em in and shoot them best way I've seen had to do it on my farm
Old 01-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Spike

Check out hunting channels about predator hunting, lots of tips, tricks and advice, although I am just starting to hunt them this year so I cannot say a whole lot about this. I have killed one while turkey hunting and one deer hunting with my crossbow, that was cool. They are very sneaky so they should be a good challenge. I get busted by them more than I ever have by deer which really suprised me.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunt them at dawn & dusk (night with lights is best if legal), but trapping them is much quicker............and easier !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.