Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is a sad day

Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

Unhappy This is a sad day

Well it is official, The land we have been hunting for 16 years has been sold at auction Saturday January 8, 2011. Due to circumstances beyond the owners control she had to put up for auction. This land has been in her family for 5 generations. Now we are going to have to find a lease to hunt, and with the prices of leases I do not think we are going to be able to afford to pay for 2 people per year to hunt. My deer hunting days may be over.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks!! I hope you can find a new place to hunt. Good Luck!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Spike

Sorry to hear, isn't there some public land you could hunt in the area. What if you could take a trip every year to somewhere not to far off to hunt, there has to be some public land somewhere if leasing doesn't work. Just suggesting because "My deer hunting days may be over" are some pretty scary words.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel 9 years ago I lost a farm that I had hunted for 18 years, its not a good feeling. Found a lease to join with 3 other friends and have been there since. In two more years were gonna buy is some land, looking for 80 to 100 acres, that will be enough for my wife, son and me to hunt on. Would love to have more, but the price on land keeps going.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

What part of TN you in? Im not renewing my lease membership this year because I have private land to hunt and don't need to pay to hunt it.It'll be between $225 and 250,loaded with deer,its bowater pines,and the hunting pressure isn't to bad. I only ran into a total of 5 people while hunting it and I hunt alot
Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Keep your chin up... You'll find somewhere else that WILL be a much better place. Sounds optimistic. Through my experiance, each place I lose, I gain access to a much more productive place. I personally hope you the best
Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't understand how property can be sold beyond Circumstances that arise beyond the owner control.If she managed it properly never should have had to happen. Especially after 5 generations. This should be very very well established and paid for. If she didn't pay taxes or put it up for mortgage to cover something else. That is controlable The only way I can see it, Is if she wasn't the sole owner to begin with and had siblings or other relatives involved.In which case that to is controllable if you go about it the right way.Sorry to hear that though. Hope you find a new place to huntright quick.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

well, public lands....lotta guys do it.
and there are property's available, where ya dont pay by gun, but by the acreage.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Spike

Just so I understand......you want land to hunt private land but not have to pay anything??? Your not asking for much are you?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear the loss off land, hope new owners keep it as land and don't develope on it,
Regardless wouldn't let losing 1 piece of land end your hunting days,
Public lands are a great resource that we all own, not just lease, request permission, etc.. But its our land to use,
Would recomend learning the state lands and continue enjoying your hunting, without a lease fee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.