Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What hunting season are open over the summer? >

What hunting season are open over the summer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What hunting season are open over the summer?

Old 01-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Spike

Default What hunting season are open over the summer?

Last night I came out to the living room and my brother was watching hunting on the outdoors channel. And he started talking to me about how he would like to take a week long trip and go hunting. So, me and him started talking and now we are planning on taking that trip over the summer and he is going to try and get me into hunting. I really don't know a lot about it but he told me to see what seansons were open and to tell him what I wanted to do. So I need to figure out what we can hunt over the summer.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are going to be somewhat limited. You can do the bow fishing for carp and other non-game fish. You could go on an alligator hunt with a guide. You can hunt non-game stuff like wild hogs and coyotes. You can go on exotics hunts on game farms, they are all over the place now. You can go to South America on one of those great dove/pigeon hunts, New Zealand or other south of the equator hunts. You may not be as limited as I first thought.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Yes those are thoughts,but all are very expensive.If you go in lae summer you should get a dove hunt on public land.Also lots of turkey hunting in spring.But i would sugest a squirell hunt for a begginer,because it is good fun and fast action,and you rarely don get at least one squirell.Good squirell hunting can be found pretty much anywhere with food and trees.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Instead of taking a gun, take a good quality camera.
And do a camera hunt.
Take pictures of animals, and get your hunting skills tuned up.
Then when any hunting season comes open, you can have more confidence in your hunting skills.

Good Luck.

JMHO
Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the summer ? Its not hunting but shooting prairie dogs is about as much fun as a person should have with a rifle.