Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Great Morning Hunt in Ohio

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Smile Great Morning Hunt in Ohio

I am a little late posting this but my daughter and I had a great morning hunt during Ohio's two day bonus gun season. It had snowed a few days before and visability was very good early on. We were hunting a 100 acre farm with 3 others and the two of us (she is 15 and this is her second deer season) we in a ground blind together. She shot a small 8 point at about 25 yards around 7:20 a.m. and I shot a doe 15 minutes later. At that point we were tagged out for the day but the deer just kept pooring in and we stayed put so as not to disturb the others in our group. Over all, my daughter and I saw over 40 deer before 8 a.m. and one of the other's in our group saw over 30. A few of the deer he saw were the same that we saw but together I am sure that we saw over 60 deer. Hopefully, some of them hand around for muzzle loader season which starte this Saturday