Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Piebald

Old 01-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Very unique.
Not quite sure I would shoot that.

Somewhere in NY is a big population of white deer. On another army base.

We were at FORT AP HILL this summer for the Boy Scout event.
I looked into hunting there, but it seemed too involved.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

We have 3 white deer running around our farm here in Southwestern Wisconsin. I passed the old doe up 2 years ago and last year she had 2 white fawns. This year the old doe and 1 of the fawns had brown fawns. I have passed them up this year multiple times. They have some brown spots through out there body but mostly are white deer. The neighbors have all agreed not to shoot them unless they keep having white fawns.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome. Shot two in one season about three years ago. Ugly little buggers.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Master Chief
That mount looks amazing.

I've only seen them at deer farms.

This thread made me think of this question... Is it legal to shoot an albino?
In Tennessee it's not legal but you go to ky it is. I knew in tn it was illigal and one year huntin in ky I had one come out into a field 50yards from me I put the scope on it and started to shoot but got to thinking about it and wasn't sure if it was legal so I passed turns out in ky it is legal I coulda kicked myself neatest thing I've seen
Old 01-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

I just can't imagine seeing something like come walking through my area. Good Job!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome looking deer! congrats on a deer of a lifetime. ive only seen one in the wild over the years and couldnt get a shot at it
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Backwoods7
In Tennessee it's not legal but you go to ky it is. I knew in tn it was illigal and one year huntin in ky I had one come out into a field 50yards from me I put the scope on it and started to shoot but got to thinking about it and wasn't sure if it was legal so I passed turns out in ky it is legal I coulda kicked myself neatest thing I've seen
I'll have to remember that. We go up to Land Between the Lakes in KY. Probablywill never see one anyways.

Anyone ever see a Black deer? I've seen one before. At a deer farm my grandma took me to when I was little though lol