Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Needed - Reciepe for tag soup, please >

Needed - Reciepe for tag soup, please

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Needed - Reciepe for tag soup, please

Old 01-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Plant several food plots with brassicas,rape and turnips...use the turnips in the Tag Soup for later on,that and shoot 2 Coyotes and a Bobcat...that will help out some?

I always like going out this time of year to look for Antler Sheds and checking my trail camera's to see what made it thru the Season...its nice to know that there are still a few nice Bucks out there for next year and after finding a few Shed's it makes up for not getting a Deer...well a little bit any ways?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Spike

Set another place, I'll join you and furnish more tags. Did not see a shooter buck. Last year tagged out, this year zuich! How soon till Oct ML season.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

I changed things up this year. This weekend is late antlerless season, and I usually spend the whole weekend in a stand trying to fill all my remaining tags. I have one more tag to fill and decided to leave the deer gun home and take my 5 yr old son and my .22 out looking for squirrels. Not filling a tag is much easier to live with when it is by choice! We've been stocking up on squirrels for the skillet. We are having fun, and squirrels are much quicker to cut up than deer! I'm butchered out for the year. I hope that a handful of bushytails will add some much needed flavor to my tag soup.

rw

rw
Old 01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer my tag soup dry and a little burnt... Actually REALLY burnt!!! Whatever tags are left over at the end of the season go in the fire place.

Sadly I took a couple bites of that burnt tag soup this year... I did shoot a big 10 this year but couldn't find it. We looked days for it. So I was close. I did get two does though.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Thats a bummer

I,ve had a season or 2 like this also .
Although its been years since .
Well hopefully yo have a buddy or 2 that were lucky enough to tag one .
I filled 3 tags and felt bad so gave 2 full deer away to my buds .
Well there will be a day they will repay .. LOL...