Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My buck

Old 01-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default My buck

Wondering if any of you could help me score my buck I killed this year with my marlin 30-30. I figured maybe 120 green but idk a lot about scoring deer. Its a 9 and 17 inches wide. Hoping maybe someone here has buckscore pro or something like that. Thanks!

Name:  deer.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  20.6 KB

Name:  deer1.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  deer2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  12.2 KB

Name:  deer3.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  19.9 KB
Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job!!!! Where in Michigan were you hunting I know it had to be north of you with you having the 30-30 ? I'd say you will be around there maybe a little less but its not like you are BSing when you say 120 or so. Nice buck for Michigan. I'll tell you if I could shoot a buck like that every yr in Mich. I wouldn't go to Canada or out west. Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks! I was hunting in Prescott MI which is near Westbranch and Rosecity. My stepfather and I have 225 acres we lease up their. The deer herd is definately down this year and I was very fortunate to get this buck. He was completely nocturnal and during the day he stayed in very thick areas. One evening I was sitting in a shack on the edge of one of the thickets on the property. There is a 30 yard or so shooting lane cut out of the thicket. I caught him crossing that lane and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

A Very Nice deer, should look real nice on the wall, congratulations, Doc
Old 01-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Google it.

You just need the Boone & Crocket score sheet and a soft tape measure like a tailor would use. You can do it yourself and be close enough to not be guessing.

Nice buck. Mass looks good in the pics. I'd guess between 100" and 110" but that's far from anthing but a guess and only based on what I saw at this year VA big game contest. We can enter anything and have it scored and get a certificate for a small fee as well as be entered in the anual VA big Buck Contest. There were hundreds at this year's show!

I have 3 degreasing (Doing Euros on them) now that I am going to score myself for fun when they are done. One is a MASSIVE 9 Pointer skull that we found in the woods. I'm guesing that one to go 125-130ish.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Jake you did it right you were patient. I still hunt Mich. a little with the gun and I have noticed since everyone has gone to box or shed blinds not many hunters try stalking around and the deer if you don't do it on your property will not be that spooked. I have real good luck with deer attactants on bucks that seem to be nocturnal and have done better since they banned baiting.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thankyou. I hunted him very hard... I had seen him twice during bow season but he had turned nocturnal by gunseason. I was very fortunate to get him.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

He looks like a good buck. I think he should make 120 for sure. Put a tape on him and let us know. It's pretty easy to come up with a ballpark figure.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think he'll gross in the 120s.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Try this, ---> http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgReco...Whitetail+Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.