HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   How Many Deer a Season? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/337287-how-many-deer-season.html)

cal516 12-29-2010 06:51 PM

How Many Deer a Season?

How many deer a season do you take? I know numbers will vary becaus of bag limits. The county I hunt is 3/day and 3 Bucks a season. The past four years I have shot 3 a season. This year I took four. No bucks though. I wanted more but as luck would have it. I have had 6 could have/should have/would have. 3 of those were bucks. I am just curious.

freedomrules3 12-29-2010 07:02 PM

Actually depends on how many of my friends need some venison , 4 does and 1 buck so far this year. We have very leniant rules here with 30 does and 6 bucks allowed and no daily bag limit.

sconnyhunter 12-29-2010 07:06 PM

We are allowed to take 2 bucks a season, one bow one firearm (ML or modern). As to does, there does not seem to be much of a limit, as long as you have a valid permit for the area your hunting in.

Personally, I try to take one deer per season. I don't need any more than that.

Master Chief 12-29-2010 07:14 PM

I've only killed 1 this year and my dad has killed about 7. I let ALOT walk though. He gets mad at me whenever I come home telling him I let abunch walk. I do it because too many deer are killed in TN.

Pro-Line 12-29-2010 07:38 PM

Typically I'll end up around 5 deer per year. I usually take one buck in Ohio...because that's all we're allowed, and I'll take a buck in WV. Then I'll kill 3 does or so.

This year I killed a buck and 3 does in Ohio and a couple of does in WV. This year is 6....some years have been closer to 10...some 2 or 3. Just depends.

patman75 12-29-2010 07:48 PM

Allowed - 2 bucks and the second has to be at 4 points on one side. As many does as you buy permits for only in certian counties that have an out of wack doe to buck ratio and just too many deer.

I only need 2 or one big one per year. I give the rest to family or hunting friends that got skunked.

cal516 12-29-2010 07:53 PM

Master Chief - What part of TN are you? I hunt Montgomery and Stewart Counties. I made my first trip down to Cheatum and missed a nice one.

jrfrmn 12-29-2010 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pro-Line (Post 3749614)
Typically I'll end up around 5 deer per year. I usually take one buck in Ohio...because that's all we're allowed, and I'll take a buck in WV. Then I'll kill 3 does or so.

This year I killed a buck and 3 does in Ohio and a couple of does in WV. This year is 6....some years have been closer to 10...some 2 or 3. Just depends.

What do you do with 10 deer in one year?

I know of one great white hunter that brags that the kills 12-15 every year. I don't believe him, but in my opinion that is a blood sport.

Master Chief 12-29-2010 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by cal516 (Post 3749626)
Master Chief - What part of TN are you? I hunt Montgomery and Stewart Counties. I made my first trip down to Cheatum and missed a nice one.

I live in Henderson. I hunt my private land and Public land that I think is in more than one county... not sure tbh.

laterilus 12-29-2010 08:43 PM

I bagged 8 this year. Kept 1 for myself and had friends lined up waiting for me to call them. Not a blood sport in my opinon! What's the difference if I catch a limit of walleye or salmon and give it all away except for one fillet? Just because its a deer doesnt make any difference, spread it around to those who enjoy venison but dont hunt.