Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Tricky Properties...(Land Help) >

Tricky Properties...(Land Help)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tricky Properties...(Land Help)

Old 12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tricky Properties...(Land Help)

I have posted before and I am basically asking for a re look from dan or anyone really.In my 15 or so sits i have seen 2 non shooter bucks and 5 does.
I am goin to post a close up of the land,a far away view and a topo in hopes that i can get some good spots. The ones i have now just are not cutting it at all. I have a few pictures of tiny bucks but nothing to get excited about. Even walking both properties(in the snow) i still cant find deer sign(trails,scat,etc.) Any help would be so appreciated it is not even funny. I would like to start looking now for spots next year...(Also the crops rotate yearly as well)
I have asked like a million times everywhere and even bought a book and read to help. The topos are not very detailed at all. thanks!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Being not sure how you have scouted it I would start by glassing from a distance on the fields. I would do this both morning and evening. That would give you an idea where and what direction the deer are entering the fields. I don't know where you have hunted yet but it looks like there are a couple of good pinch points. The long strip of woods south of the bean fields that would be a goo place to start. If you seeing small bucks there must be some good ones. They just haven't presented themselves. Also I would walk the edge of ridgelines and high grounds. That is where the deer are more then likely going to bed down. You should see their trails heading up. That would be evening spots. Good luck!