Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Your views on DNR using decoys to nab poachers >

Your views on DNR using decoys to nab poachers

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Do you support your local conservation officers using deer decoys to catch poachers?
Yes, I do.
92.36%
No, I do not.
7.64%
I am indifferent.
0%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Your views on DNR using decoys to nab poachers

Old 12-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

All for it.

Game wardens have been everywhere this year where I hunt and I am glad to see them.

The argument that they could say they weren't really poaching because it wasn't a real deer will never hold water. It's no different that an under cover officer posing as a prostitute. Even though the perp and officer never have sex it's still solicitation. Even though the deer isn't real it's still poaching.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrest Anyone

Who shoots a decoy, while pantomiming as a poacher.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

im for it.chances are the hunter who does shoot a decoy is probably doing something illegal in the first place.its not like the dnr put these decoys in places where it is legal to shoot or hunt.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
know of a guy that was hunting with a buck decoy about 300 yards off the road and a truck stopped and shot at the decoy 3 or 4 times then when it didn't run off they found out it was fake and speed away luckily the guy that was in the stand didn't get shot and got the tags of the truck and the people were caught. i have been guiding at our lodge for 5 years now and have never seen a gw around there we have 1 for every like 7 counties give or take one heck i haven't seen a gw this year any where i have hunted.
That's why most states prohibit using decoys during the gun season.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hard to believe that 6 people have voted against it. I think if a poacher's bullet hits the robotic part of the deer and destroys it the poacher has to pay for its replacement, expensive..
Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

the robo-deer are very lifelike. The shows I've seen, the wardens TRY to nab them before they shoot it, the robo-deer is expensive! they can get them for things like loaded firearm in a car, shooting from the road etc. One I watched on TV, the hunter actually did it "right", they drove ahead a bit, snuck back, walked off the road (legal whereever they were as long as they weren't on the road) and aimed. Warden shouted to not shoot and the guy was sent on his way.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

All for it. I'd like to see more of it being done

Except for the fact that if is big enough I might wreck trying to look at it. LOL
Old 12-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

i voted against it because who knows where they put it and what is behind it. with our high powered rifles who knows what can get hit. if someone is on a road that means buildings and houses are near by and there could be kids riding four wheelers in the field behind where they put em out. other than that i dont have an issue with it
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

The ones here they use even have movement. I think it is a good idea.
We pay for the right to hunt and these bums spot light the deer and only take the rack.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ksharvester
i voted against it because who knows where they put it and what is behind it. with our high powered rifles who knows what can get hit. if someone is on a road that means buildings and houses are near by and there could be kids riding four wheelers in the field behind where they put em out. other than that i dont have an issue with it
Good grief. The game wardens aren't stupid. They'll get permission from the landowner and will put them in a place where the poacher isn't going to be shooting into someone's house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.