Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Are Pro hunter's in State Record Books? >

Are Pro hunter's in State Record Books?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are Pro hunter's in State Record Books?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

many could care less about registering an animal to get it listed in a BC book, etc...
The folks making hunting videos do not fall into this category. They want all the attention they can get and their business would be helped with some animals in the books.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I searched high and low through the B&C record book for Stan Potts and found nothing. I know he shot a 190+ buck in Illinois back in 1986. I wonder why that's not in the B&C book. Is it in P&Y, only?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
The folks making hunting videos do not fall into this category. They want all the attention they can get and their business would be helped with some animals in the books.

Dead on with this. Everything they receive for compensation is determined on popularity (either money, endorsements, products, etc), the more attention they get, the better it is for them. It's no different than any other actor out there. There's a reason that some actors can make $15-20 million per movie and others get a fraction of that...it's all about what kind of audience they can potentially draw (called a Q rating). Keep in mind, hunters on TV are every bit (if not more) salesmen (and women) as they are hunters. They need as large of an audience as they can get to pitch products.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

If guys would pass on small bucks and take a doe instead and still view their season as a success we all could be shooting trophies more often. Or at least more 3.5yo+ deer could be roaming the woods.

Personally I don't view shooting a 1.5yo buck as any more of a trophy than a doe, I know not all states allow does to be harvested but in states where they do, I think this old mindset of "real men shoot a buck every year" or only a buck is a trophy needs to get dismissed.