Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Home-made cover scents?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

I was having a bad day, but this is hilarious stuff. I did a lot of trapping years back, and any scent that could possibly cover your scent will actually draw attention to you. It is possible it could act as a curiosity lure, but not a cover scent. I had a pet fox in a large walk in cage years ago. Guys I worked with were talking about buying fox urine to cover their scent when bow hunting. I offered to let them roll around in the pen before they went hunting, but had no takers. Apparently the fox urine that is sold in stores is "magic fox urine".
Old 01-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

A friend on mine simply uses half ammonia half water in a spray bottle and sprays his rubber boots before he walks in the woods. He says it works. I tried it and couldn't stand the smell. It smelled like cat piss.