Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First Buck with a Bow:)

Old 12-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Spike

Default First Buck with a Bow:)

Well in my second season of bowhunting I finally laid the smack down on a buck. I shot two does prior with my bow but this was my first with headgear. I was sitting in a treestand on the edge of some corn we mowed down and set a ground blind up in. Due to the wind I couldnt hunt the blind. I got into stand around 330 and around 430 two little bucks were headed my way. One went to the corn and the other wandered around in the timber behind me. Id hunted this spot a lot this year and I knew where the bedding area was so I began watching it for movement. Somewhere around 445 I see 3 deer emerge from the bedding about 80 yds behind me. I can see one of the deer has a huge body on it but cant see the antlers. After about 2 minutes the buck comes into a clearing and the whole timber moved with him. His antlers where HUGE!! I was worried about them winding me because they were downwind but the started heading west into the wind and boy was I relieved. I watched the buck for as long as I could behind me but he finally went out of sight I thought man that was awesome even if he didnt come in for a shot. Pretty soon a bunch of does and fawns start filtering out to the corn right under my tree, literally!! I was sitting super still so none would pick me out. I was watching the last little fawn on my right when I heard a deer to my right. I slowly turnd and there stood the biggest deer I have ever seen at ten feet from my tree!! He looked over at the fawn or something and kinda turned left and headed towards the corn. I slowly but quickly grabbed my bow and drew back. I had to hold it for what seem like an hour but it was only 30 seconds or so. He stepped out in my shooting lane at 25 yards. Without hesitation I let the DXT rip and I seen the RAGE bust a huge hole right in the boiler room. Thats when it all hit me. I had to get out of that tree before I tested the capabilities of my HSS. I found the blood and went to get my buddy Coby. We went back around 6 and trailed the blood across the open field to the next wooded ditch about a 100 yards and decided to back out. Well 15 and half hours later and only 4 hours sleep we found my buck.. Rough scored him around 176 3/8 and 190 pounds field dressed. Amazing first buck with my bow. I still am in shock over it all

p.s. dont know how to shrink the photo to get it on here
Old 12-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats! Sounds like one heck of a first buck! Post up the link to photobucket.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

176"first bow buck?? sheeeesh that a way! congrats id love to see pics!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Spike

Congrats!!! would love to see the picture too.

email it to me and I will post for you??

[email protected]
Old 12-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Spike

Pics are on the website, www.whitetailparadiseproperties.com Was on the front page but if not there, on the right side under blog it should say missouri monster.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

Damn nice!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Spike

Here you go Bud.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Spike

Thanks Dave!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats very nice buck
Old 12-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

looks like a mulie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.