Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Let your child skip school to hunt? >

Let your child skip school to hunt?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Let your child skip school to hunt?

Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by ebieszk
Big! So much more to life than sitting behind a desk. I really don't know who your working with but if I were to guess, I'm sure those kids are completely deprived of so many great opportunities. That's great that they someday may have a full scholarship and eventually get a PhD, but I would rather grasp life knowledge and that you can't learn in school. Don't get me wrong, school is extremely important and having a degree myself makes me push advanced education even more. But to think that education is THAT important is ludicrous. If the student is doing well in class, I see absolutely no reason why he can't skip school.
Why not have both? education and life knowledge? Thats the route I took. I reload all my ammo. I long distance shoot. I hunt quite a bit, and am pretty successful. I build my own longbows, and use em to hunt with. And I didn't skip school to do it.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

My parents let me skip school on the first day of turkey season all through middle school and high school. In indiana the season always comes in on a wednesday. I was alos allowed to miss school when opening day of bow season would come in during the week as long as I did not have a football game. I graduated from HS with a 3.4 GPA.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by zmschillin
My parents let me skip school on the first day of turkey season all through middle school and high school. In indiana the season always comes in on a wednesday. I was alos allowed to miss school when opening day of bow season would come in during the week as long as I did not have a football game. I graduated from HS with a 3.4 GPA.
You were allowed to miss school? As long as you didn't miss a football game?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Spike

my dad always let me miss for the first day after I got out of school they went and closed for the first day because most of the boys went hunting and now they dont close the school cause ohio has a youth season that is on a weekend since they went to allowing hunting on sunday so they dont need to miss now
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

My parents always let me miss 4or5 days a year for deer season I always made it out alright. When my son gets older I'll let him too life is too short to miss out on quality time with family
Old 12-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Spike

Use it as incentive for your kid. good grades and he can get out of school to go hunting.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

When I was in school in the 80's, the school actually let kids miss one day of deer season with an excuse from the parents. I don't know if any schools do that today, but I thought that was pretty cool even though I didn't deer hunt at the time. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would definitely let them miss a day.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

for sure let them...if grades are good.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any problems at all with letting my kids skip school to go hunting.
They are only kids once, and really they are not going to miss very much by missing one, two days or even a weeks worth of school.
I would much rather my child have great memories of hunting (or most any activity really) with family then memories of some classroom.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes,,you have my permission..LOL and I'm a teacher..with those grades your son has earned a break..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.