Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Let your child skip school to hunt? >

Let your child skip school to hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Let your child skip school to hunt?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Spike

Default Sometimes they could be rewarded

When we see our child excel in school and doing well in there assignments and helping us in our house activities. They should be rewarded to have a privilege that they can go out freely. In order for them act independently.

And they could be bored, as long we know who they with, and what are their companion. They have the privilege to explore the world.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Greegs70
When we see our child excel in school and doing well in there assignments and helping us in our house activities. They should be rewarded to have a privilege that they can go out freely. In order for them act independently.

And they could be bored, as long we know who they with, and what are their companion. They have the privilege to explore the world.
Very true, unfortunately, it's called a privilege for a reason. Most of the objecting parents in this thread have little susie wrapped around the tree with a choke collar.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Spike

When I was in school we were allowed 3 illegal absent days a year. My father would let me use my 3 days to go hunting with him.
I remember one time the School Principal saw my Dad at the local coffee shop and told him Jim wasn't in school yesterday and my Dad told him yes I know he was hunting with me
Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PaHandgunner
When I was in school we were allowed 3 illegal absent days a year. My father would let me use my 3 days to go hunting with him.
I remember one time the School Principal saw my Dad at the local coffee shop and told him Jim wasn't in school yesterday and my Dad told him yes I know he was hunting with me
Sometimes you have to wonder if the principal said it out of spite because they wanted to act upon their authority, or if they truly care about your education. I vote for the former.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I am also in high school and also have the block schedule. I had a friend last year who skipped to go hunting in Wisconsin, and the teacher didn't appriciate it when she found out he was missing school to hunt. He should be able to get all of his homework in advance before you go so that may help, but if you do decide to let him skip I would say you are taking a "family vacation" to Disney Wordl or somewhere. Overall I would say let him go I think you would be making a safe choice!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Spike

Let them skip! In my area every teacher in the school district knows if thier old enough to hunt they won't be in class! It's like christmas! It's the only day they can miss without an excuss. Much rather have them skip school and hang out with family for some time in the woods than have them skip and go do something they should'ent be doing! They'll never forget the time they got to skip to go hunting with the ol'man!