Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Buck Down!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Big Buck Down!

Well I have been hunting this buck all season and finally I got him!.I missed him in October at 30yards with the bow because I got confused and used my 40yard pin and then shot right over his back!I kept perusing him all season but I could not hunt him that much because the only wind the would work was SE and the wind kept blowing NW.Then finally I got a SE wind last week and I took of of work got in the woods and 10 minutes in the tree and here he come with 3 does and a spike!I draw back my bow put the pin on him at 35yards and missed again!!!It was only 30 degrees that day day so I put a ton of clothes but I never checked my string clearance and my sting caught my jacket by my bicep and threw the arrow way off.So after the last miss went home got the Crossbow from my dad checked the sights and waited for a SE wind again to get some redemption!Thursday I check the weather and finally a SE wind for Friday so I drive down to the property with my binos in the truck a just sit in my truck so I can see were he is coming out and at 3pm he comes out 80 yards from my 10 ft stand and starts slowly working his way over with 2 6pts and 3 does so at that point I knew were to sit so I drove home and got my stuff ready!The stand were the deer was going is only 10 feet off the ground and knew this would make this a perfect crossbow situation.I got in the tree at 1:30 PM on Friday and at 3:30 hear comes the does.They were all around me between 10 and 20 yards and I am only 10 feet high!So I had to just sit there like a statue for 30 minutes and try to run the video camera and not get caught.So then I look up and here he comes with 3 more does working slow right at me!He finally works his way in to 15 yards and he is facing quartered forward for 5 minutes with does all around him so I just keep the Camera on him sit still and wait for the perfect shot.So finally the neighbor slams his car door witch startles the buck and he turns around quartered away and I put the smack down on him at 18 Yards!He ran about 60 yards a dropped in site!The best part is I got the season of hunts with him including the kill on tape!

Here is a pic of me and my buck I took last night in the yard and a trail cam pic of him.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

Sweet! Way to stay after him. Congrats.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome! Congrats! Quite an accomplishment to set out for one buck, hunt him and get him! Good job!!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome brother! Good buck! Good story! Can you post the video??
Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

nice buck, congrats! whats the spread on him?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by llpaintball
nice buck, congrats! whats the spread on him?
yeah lets here some details! congratz!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Guys!His spread was 19 3/4 wide.The video will be on the Sportsmans Channel on No Limits Outdoors TV next year.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

He is a nice one indeed! Congrats!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Spike

Great story and a beautiful buck Bushnlo. When you got to the part where you borrowed your dad's crossbow, I knew it was going to be all good. Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.