Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area. >

Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Spike

Default Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area.

Folks,
I'm what you would call extremely green, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me evaluate what I've got to work with.

The general layout is roughly 60-65 acres of cow pasture that is gradually terraced west to east down to the x-mark where if drops off another 10 feet or so to a small grove of older oaks "borders marked in red). this area has access to a decent sized creek that exits the area via a railroad trestle. There are also small springs/runoff streams/swampy areas that sporadically make their way from the north side to the stream area in the east (water marked in blue). In yellow I have noted a reference point where the 10 ft gradual dropoff occurs, and a rectangular spot where a large fallen oak is located. The enclosed yellow area is a low flat spot, almost a pit of sorts that opens back up to the south creek area. The railroad to the east is built up approx 20-25 feet above the surrounding land, creating a natural barrier that only breaks where the trestle is located at the creek area.

My folks lease the whole area to a guy that runs cattle on it and the area directly north. The pictures are taken from a spot (yellow dot) with a view all the way down to the x. My brother has placed a ladder stand at the other dot which has a limited eastern view and has north and south views, with the south border having a neighbors turnip green patch just across the fence(larger yellow rectangle).

Personally I have spotted a handful of does crossing from north to south at the x location, and my Brother claims to have seen some activity where the springs start to bend eastward, about half way down the map.

Whew....I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but I'd welcome any thoughts or ideas you may have.....thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area.-map.jpg   Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area.-left.jpg   Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area.-middle.jpg   Thoughts on arial view/snapshots of pastureland area.-right.jpg