Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Heater Body suit???

Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SavageArms
I have to tell you if you have to use these things(unless you have a medical reason like Cold weather intolerance due to prior over exposure) you should not be an outdoors men stay inside where it is warm and let the real men handle the hard work you guys just get in the way any how. Seriously you gonna carry that to the tree every time it looks stupid. Weather it works is beyond the point. If you need that kind of protection for sitting in a tree for only 4.5 to 5 hrs you just need to go home. There is gear out there that makes bearing the cold tolerable with out buying this stupid looking thing. Muck -40 Boots, Arctic fleece and outer shell along with fleece pants and outer shell matched with Under Armour LVL3 long johns, all that matched with a under Armour cold weather beanie and Under Armour shooting gloves with military wool inserts and you'll do just fine i know i do great i am hot during 15 degree weather wind or no wind rain or no rain snow or no snow and i can still move and operate my weapon of choice weather it be a bow of a gun without unzipping a stupid cumber sum body bag. The only time your goin get me into a body bag like those is when i Die.
So smart man what do you use if you are allergic to fleece and still want to hunt. After all we are not true "he men" like you. Some people just do not like to get cold and some people just love to laugh at idiots who think they know better than themselves on what they want. Congratulations on your observation as I guess you hunt in gym shorts and a t-shirt. Also you must have more money than sense as that stuff is way too expensive when something else will work just as good only cheaper. Not all of us own banks.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SavageArms
Easy guys i am just saying what is the point in wearing more than is needed to get the job done, no need to walk out in the woods to take a nap in the "Heater suit" you can do that in the warmth of your bedroom.

And we are just expressing our opinion of what you have stated. Don't like it then think before you post and call everybody else wimps because they do not conform to your standards which from what some of us can see aren't very good in the first place.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Ya after sitting in 10 degree wether with my buddy hunting archery in dec i was for sure thinking about getting one. We sat for three hours we had hand warmers wool socks gloves everything else and i was still freezing.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Spike

heater body suits really work! they're even having a huge sale now, nows the time to buy...www.heaterbodysuit.com
Old 10-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased a heater body suit, I seem to get cold feet and when hunting in Iowa late season we have some pretty crazy cold weather.

It did a comparison on the warm bag vs heater body suit and I decided to go with the suit because its made in America (green bay Wisconsin), seems to have more technology put into it then the warm bag, wind resistant, quite fabric, multiple camo patters (which you can interchange) has 2 feet opposed to the warm bag.

Since this product is around 335.00 I called the company late one afternoon to get a feel for the customer service. The rep (Tyler) was more then willing to answer any questions that I may have. He told me that the feet have 600 grains of insulation and the rest of the suit has 300. I really liked hearing this as it wasn’t mentioned on their website that I could find.

Yes I know 335.00 is a pretty good chunk but my other alternative was going to buy the Artic Shield I7 coat and overalls. That was going to run me well over 500.00. I have some AS gloves and such and I do like that brand but that’s getting pretty pricey. I know you cant walk around the woods in the HBS but you also cant walk around with the AS I7 system either.

I also like the potential sent control of the HBS, it has to help since it has a wind stopper type outer shell. Cut the wind and you should last much longer in the woods. Tyler told me that if I get cold, send it back for a full refund and that guarantee was for the length of the hunting season.

Ill admit at first I told myself that thing looks ridiculous… but after I thought about the positives and warmness of this product I thought to myself it would have to have a significant impact on warmness.

I don’t get to cold when im walking, I can hunt all day but once I sit down I have about 2-3 hours when its below zero. If the HBS can push that to 6 hours ill say money well spent.

This was my decision on going with this product, ill post more user expireances after the temp drops.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

You will love it, L Clement! I have an older one without the wind stopper, and it's plenty warm. They totally change the cold weather hunting experience - now if we can just get some cold weather!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MNDan
You will love it, L Clement! I have an older one without the wind stopper, and it's plenty warm. They totally change the cold weather hunting experience - now if we can just get some cold weather!
I really hope so.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by L. Clement
I purchased a heater body suit, I seem to get cold feet and when hunting in Iowa late season we have some pretty crazy cold weather.

It did a comparison on the warm bag vs heater body suit and I decided to go with the suit because its made in America (green bay Wisconsin), seems to have more technology put into it then the warm bag, wind resistant, quite fabric, multiple camo patters (which you can interchange) has 2 feet opposed to the warm bag.

Since this product is around 335.00 I called the company late one afternoon to get a feel for the customer service. The rep (Tyler) was more then willing to answer any questions that I may have. He told me that the feet have 600 grains of insulation and the rest of the suit has 300. I really liked hearing this as it wasn’t mentioned on their website that I could find.

Yes I know 335.00 is a pretty good chunk but my other alternative was going to buy the Artic Shield I7 coat and overalls. That was going to run me well over 500.00. I have some AS gloves and such and I do like that brand but that’s getting pretty pricey. I know you cant walk around the woods in the HBS but you also cant walk around with the AS I7 system either.

I also like the potential sent control of the HBS, it has to help since it has a wind stopper type outer shell. Cut the wind and you should last much longer in the woods. Tyler told me that if I get cold, send it back for a full refund and that guarantee was for the length of the hunting season.

Ill admit at first I told myself that thing looks ridiculous… but after I thought about the positives and warmness of this product I thought to myself it would have to have a significant impact on warmness.

I don’t get to cold when im walking, I can hunt all day but once I sit down I have about 2-3 hours when its below zero. If the HBS can push that to 6 hours ill say money well spent.

This was my decision on going with this product, ill post more user experiences after the temp drops.
One other things i forgot to mention, The rep told me the outer camo material is UV-dead Meaning it shouldn't be florescent under a UV light. I have a UV light at home and will test once it shows up.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

HBS came yesterday. After I took it out of the box i looked it over real well. Looks like its very well made, the material is very quite, I didn't find it that hard to put on in the living room at least.

I have some old Wall's bibs and winter parka I bought back in 1997, and when i shine a UV light on the Walls brand it glows. I put the HBS next to my Walls clothing and the HBS did NOT glow and I was very happy to know this. Definitely UV-Dead.

I ordered the tall-under 220 lbs and it is to big to fit in my washing machine. Plus i think a laundry mat would be better on the suit anyway... I think it would fit in a Maytag Neptune or similar washing machine but I don't have one like that.

Ill probably wash it after every 10 hunts so not a big deal.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Spike

Key to staying warm......Do not wear your hunting clothes on your walk to your stand and sweat up in them. Pack them in and change at your stand. If you sweat up and then sit in the same wet clothes that you sweated in you'll be freezing when your body temp drops and you'll never get warm again unless you walk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.