Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What Is It A Whitetail, Or A Muley? >

What Is It A Whitetail, Or A Muley?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Is It A Whitetail, Or A Muley?

Old 12-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

That's 100% Mulie no question. And it's not even a hybrid, it just didn't grow it's top fork. People will try and make an article out of anything. I've seen a lot of smaller mule deer bucks look just like that.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I also hunt for meat. And for the sheer joy I get from hunting. I don't care if others hunt for trophey's. I would hope they would at least donate the meat for others.
But I have to ask. What is wront with Mulie deer meat?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Spike

Nothing is wrong with mulie meat. The one I shot this year was fat and delicious!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Without question its a Mulie. 3 pt bucks often look like that when the front tine forks. If the back tine had forked it would look like a "normal" mulie. Why the attempt to make something of nothing....inexperience?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SeabeeTim
I guess for people who hunt for trophies this might be good news, but for people who hunt for meat this is not good at all. We have mule deer moving into Ohio, and I'm all for moving them right back out. Leave my tender, yummie whitetail alone!

For the record, as someone who hunts to stock my freezer, I don't appreciate those who hunt to decorate their walls.
I hunt to decorate my walls and stock my freezer, however I would much rather shoot a trophy buck, I can buy meat at the grocery store. Every trophy on my wall I have ate.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

How do you justify killing things you don't eat to the people trying to take away your rights to hunt? You're insulating your walls? I don't hunt bear because it's too greasy, I can't eat it. I justify hunting whitetail because I eat four of them a year. I can justify everything I kill beyond decorating my walls.
One of the dumbest assumptions I have seen in quite a while from another hunter. You shouldn't assume that just because someone holds out for a big buck they aren't going to eat it. You know what they say about ASSuming. It really only makes an ass out of the assumer.

Oh, and for the record to stay on topic I too believe that buck is 100% mule deer. It isn't unusual for mule deer to grow racks that look like that. Bad gonads or not.