Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What Is It A Whitetail, Or A Muley? >

What Is It A Whitetail, Or A Muley?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Is It A Whitetail, Or A Muley?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Spike

If you read the entire article you'd know this is not a hybrid - 100% mule deer. it said the deer's testicles "were entirely metastasized, a hard, cancerous wad of tissue"...its not unusual for them to grow non-typical (for mule deer standards) horns when they lack testosterone
Old 12-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SeabeeTim
I guess for people who hunt for trophies this might be good news, but for people who hunt for meat this is not good at all. We have mule deer moving into Ohio, and I'm all for moving them right back out. Leave my tender, yummie whitetail alone!

For the record, as someone who hunts to stock my freezer, I don't appreciate those who hunt to decorate their walls.
why dont you appreciate those that hunt for big deer to put on there wall? you hunt the way you like and let other people hunt the way they like. that would be like me saying i dont appreciate people that hunt to put food on the table. if i said that i would sound like a A-hole. me personally i hunt for both one doe for meat and a buck to put on the wall. i shot one buck that was a dink on accident but i dont go out to shot the first buck that comes out. i hunt to shoot big bucks thats what i like i wont shoot anything under 140 inches. that's just the way i like to hunt.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Spike

I want to see a mulie in ohio.You got to be kidding
Old 12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by headhunter353
I want to see a mulie in ohio.You got to be kidding
Ouch:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...+deer+in+ohio#
Old 12-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

It could be a hybrid or it might not be you will need a DNA test to prove it.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
if i said that i would sound like a A-hole.
yes

How do you justify killing things you don't eat to the people trying to take away your rights to hunt? You're insulating your walls? I don't hunt bear because it's too greasy, I can't eat it. I justify hunting whitetail because I eat four of them a year. I can justify everything I kill beyond decorating my walls.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Spike

TO me it looks like a Mulie not a whitetail, the coat is still dark like one, I have seen a hybrid with a light brown body rack etc, the face was like a mulie and so was the butt....
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's more then likely a mulie.Alot of 3x3's antlers tend to go more forwad but the brow tines deffinately are muley.Colour of coat is mulie, face is mulie, so are the ears.The only thing I can't tell to confirm for is the tail and ass end, one can also sometimes tell by the hoofs.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 12-12-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

From the picture, it looks like a mulie. Around here in SD, some mulies seem to have a few whitetail traits.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Spike

I vote for mulie. By the way, that link to some mule deer pics sure doesn't mean there are mulies in Ohio. I call bs on that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.