Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would you hunt??

Old 12-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default What would you hunt??

The weather forecast for this weekend on Saturday it is suppose to rain and the high is 56 the low is 38.But on Sunday the high is 38 and the low is 18 it is suppose to be snowing and the wind should be blowing pretty good.Which would you hunt a foodsource(acorn flat, field)or trails leading to these.This week has been cold.I will be using a rifle.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

i would say saturday hunt the food sources with the weather dropping that much i would think they would be hitting the food before the weather then sunday i would hunt the trails but that's just what i would do.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Spike

Saturday, hunt the edge of the field and get out there early in the afternoon. With colder weather coming, the deer will be moving early to food sources. This is just from my experience. I make a point to hunt the day before bad weather is moving in.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Depends on how much pressure the deer are under. If they're scared they wont be out in the fields till close to dark, so hunt back off the edge a bit, where they hold up.
-Jake
Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Should be a good weekend for deer hunting!

Deer like to be dry also so in rain they stay near/under pines if there are any and go to the closest food source near the pines. No pines and probably feed on acorns in oak woods? This would be Wisconsin though.

Last edited by warbirdlover; 12-07-2010 at 07:36 PM.