Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lighting strikes twice!!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Spike

AWESOME bucks! Nice and big! Congrats!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great bucks!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the two monster bucks! Let me know if you need any help trimming around that stand next year, LOL!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys!
Im hunting down in southern Illinois, got 150 acres and do my best I can to manage it. We had a great year this year, i got those two bucks, bow and shotgun and two does with my bow. My dad got a nice 8 and my uncle a 145 10 pointer on our ground.

My bow buck I called in on a buck roar and he came running from behind me, I didnt even know he was there. It was windy and i turned around yelled at him to stop, took the ol Mathews and smoke he at 35 yards. From when I seen him to when I took the shot was a total of about 8 seconds. It was a great hunt!

My shotgun buck I seen him last year and he was on a 8, this is the first time I seen him this year. I got him Illinois second season, goes to show you that you never know whats going to happen in the woods. I had a doe gettin chased by a nice 8 pointer I wanted to pull the trigger on but decided to pass and then about an hour later I had the buck come by me again this time by himself. The doe actually followed his same tracks about 15 mins later. Then I seen the big boy about 80 yards behind her, she brought him in on string about 40 yards by my stand and I was lucky to make a good clean shot and he dropped about 100 yards from my stand.

I could ask for anything more.. You just gotta love it!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like they have the same genetics with the weird spread. Sweet. I'll be headed to Brown and Admas county here in a week for a bow hunt. Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great bucks, congrats!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Nice, seems like lightning strikes often for eveyone involved.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Spike

nice bucks man, congrats!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Really, really great job! I would love to just SEE a deer like that. I DO have the space on my wall!

Again, congratulations!