Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Acorn Rage???

Old 01-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Spike

Legal? who cares, i'm from wisconsin and from what i've seen the dnr havn't done anything to help the wildlife here. I don't conform to their rules. I do what i think is good and healthy for the herd and other wildlife. Legal or not.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk
Hey genius, all of that stuff is illegal ALL YEAR in Illinois!!
Thanks, Einstein. Did I say WHEN we had used it?!?!?!?! It just became illegal in the past year to use. Besides, I have never hunted over it in Illinois anyhow.

Last edited by SecondChance; 01-29-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wibowhunter3989
Legal? who cares, i'm from wisconsin and from what i've seen the dnr havn't done anything to help the wildlife here. I don't conform to their rules. I do what i think is good and healthy for the herd and other wildlife. Legal or not.
So if you think it is good for the herd, you would hunt at night year round?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was under the impression the states game laws where printed and available to all - as well as being online. Is Alabama different?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Here in nebraska it is illegal to HUNT over it, not illegal to just put it out there. Law specifically gives a time period of when it has to be removed if you plan on hunting the spot (i believe it has to be removed 60 days before you start hunting). I've never used the stuff, but honestly, most of the private places I hunt, no one would ever know it was there. Its not like it sends up a signal flare for all to see.

So why do stores sell it? because they can, and people will buy it.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
It just became illegal in the past year to use. Besides, I have never hunted over it in Illinois anyhow.

LOL! It's been illegal since 2002! And not just to hunt over it, to put anything out, period.

Last edited by SuperRedHawk; 01-29-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk
LOL! It's been illegal since 2002! And not just to hunt over it, to put anything out, period.
Doesn't matter one way or the other. It didn't work no matter anyhow. Just a waste of money. And when we did use it, it was not illegal to have out in the field BEFORE hunting season, just could not use it to hunt over/with. Even though I don't always agree with the rules, I don't break them.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
And when we did use it, it was not illegal to have out in the field BEFORE hunting season, just could not use it to hunt over/with. Even though I don't always agree with the rules, I don't break them.

Well, since none of those products were around before '02, you were breaking the law, though maybe you did'nt know it. Because it WAS illegal to put out BEFORE hunting season.